SNG vs GB/AR

Ounce per ounce, the SnG might be stronger than an AR/GB. However, both are (no pun intended) overkill; they're stronger than the hands that wield them. I like that.

...And I've got about six weeks to get a hold of one before I'm fighting goats for my food in another hemisphere so if anyone knows of SnGs or ARs that are available, please let me know. I promise not to drop it out of a helicopter or anything like that. I'll feed em, water em...take em to the park, whatever...

Jason

Jason, ARs are probably out of the question. However, Matt D. (MDono21404@aol.com) might be able to get you a SnG before you leave...

I've always thought frame locks where stronger than liner locks, but hell the Strider Liner lock on my GB is pretty damn near a frame lock anyway.

I think the SnG's might be a bit stronger than the AR/GB's but will not feel as hefty. The GB feels like you got a handfull o'weapon.

I do feel the SnG will be a better everyday use knife, thats why I am getting one. I am sick of pulling my GB out and hearing gasps or "what do you need a knife that big for" questions.

The SnG is going to be one hell of a folder.

I personally can't wait for mine to GET HERE!!!

Yeah, I'm thinking that Matt is going to be getting a whole lot of business real soon if he has SnGs on the way. I'll be checking with him again soon.

The one thing that I really liked with the SNG is that when you really squeeze the heck out of it (like when someone is trying to harm you) it just locks up tighter. The SNG is a really good EDC knife and should make an outstanding travelling companion for those far away places.

They are different animals.

The SnG is made for more every day usage.

The SnG Lock up like a vault, but has an ‘easier’ unlock than the AR/GB.

NOTE: When you get your SnG, play with it for AT LEAST a week before you send it in to be tuned up. Like a new 1911, they have a little break in period. WE like this, because it makes you get to know your knife. As the thing sits here in the safe, it ‘gums up’ a little. You sitting in front of the TV doing your opening and closing returns the flow of the knife, so play with it.
DON’T get me wrong, they work great when you get them, they just break in REALLY well.

The SnG is incredibly light.

You forget it is in your pocket.
It doesn’t destroy your pocket.
You can wear it in your shirt pocket.
You can wear it IWB in shorts/underwear.

Gotta go

More soon

m

Attachments

• dscf0063.jpg
    dscf0063.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 763
The SnGs have been out a while now. Anybody used theirs hard enough to share their opinions?

Well, I don't use any knife hard but I have carried and used my SnG every day since I got it. It is really a sweet knife. Mine broke in real easy, and I followed Mick's advice for break-in completely. Rub the graphite from a pencil where the blade meets the lock and open it with authority about 50-100 times.

I really like the thumb hole; the knife opens much faster with the hole than what you get from studs. The titanium side is soft, and mine is already showing quite a bit of scratches. Same for the tiger stripes on the blade and in time the knife will look well worn. I would expect that your stonewash SnG will not show wear as easily on the blade and the titanium.

I've had my spearpoint Model 2 SnG for 3 days now. I believe I can give an answer to the question, "Will SNG be as strong as GB/AR?" now.

In a word, yes. :D

I have found the SNG to have a pretty stiff lock to disengage, and honestly i think i like that, i hate it when a liner/frame lock is too easy to move to the left, i like a little bit of "stick" to it, true, when my SNGs were brand new and not broken in, they were a little too hard to unlock, and i had a nice blister on my thumb to prove it, but now theyre all perfect, stiff, but not impossible. Stiffer than my Sebenza, which is already on the stiff side, but still doable. I like my SNGs more every day. Just wish i could find a new AR for sale.

"Just wish i could find a new AR for sale."

You could pre-order a Tactical AR. The standard AR is still my favorite Strider...

L.O.,
What's the tactical version of the AR going to look like and who's taking pre-orders on them?

dro57

Back