So...aside from playing with knives what other projects do you have going right now?

Trying to keep my Son out of jail.

Reorganizing my Den/computer room/knife collection showroom. I have knives in there that I cannot find!

Doing my best to finish a couple of knives I've been working on for too long.

Consuming as much really good coffee that my system can handle.

Danbo said:
Trying to keep my Son out of jail.....

Hey Danbo considerin' we're near the same age, I know what your goin' through, having been a newbie 18 year old myself I thought I was invinsible, gettin' locked up straightened my a** up quick.

Sometimes the best thing ya can do is just be there for 'em, ya can't live their lives for 'em, or do their time for 'em.

Everybody that knew me at 18 was positive I'd be hangin' with the other wanted posters in the PO, I turned out alright. :rolleyes:

Best of luck.

Besides the whittling, which goes on pretty much all the time, I'm trying to build a small (table top) greenhouse to keep some plants over winter and to start vegetables in the spring.

maximus otter said:
Then, in the spring, I have half a mind to do Land's End to John O'Groats!
That's great. Would you be biking or hiking?

I've half a mind to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail, but the stars just aren't right yet... I suppose the trail will always be waiting though.

AlphalphaPB said:

super_galaxy.jpg

:D

maximus otter

maximus otter said:
My Dawes Super Galaxy touring bicycle has spent too much time in the garage on its own. I hope to get a workstand for Christmas (got sniped on a good one on Ebay two days ago... :grumpy: ). If I do, I'll bull up the Dawes.

Then, in the spring, I have half a mind to do Land's End to John O'Groats!

maximus otter
Just think how far you could go with a full mind, Max!! :p :)

I've got a Park PRS-3 without a base that may interest you. I'll be moving up to a PRS-5 after a couple of projects of my own here. Rebuilding a couple of oldies. First is a 51 cm Centurion Super LeMans for my daughter and my trusty old Specialized Sequoia is due in for a much needed overhaul. The Sequoia is 30 years old and has seen duty on 3 continents. Found a shop that will strip, fill, undercoat, powder coat, and clear coat for right at $125. Now that the "thrones" are all mended I can once again focus on the bikes.

If you can fabricate a base, she's an older PRS-3 with the rotating rubber coated jaws, 4 bolt support flange/pipe, and tool tray. Drop me an e-mail.

Danbo said:
Consuming as much really good coffee that my system can handle.
Danbo, you're a man after me own black heart. If you want good coffee AND a project, try home roasting. I started 6 months back and have been smuggling thermoses full into the local Starbucks at the request of a couple of barrista buddies. Sweet Marias ( http://www.sweetmarias.com/ ) is a great resource for roasting and they offer a variety of small roasters and green coffee beans. Suprised me how relatively inexpensive it is to start. Nothing beats the smell of fresh roast and the feeling of knowing you are a coffee making god! :)

j

maximus otter said:
super_galaxy.jpg

:D

maximus otter
Sweet! But will are you gonna be a day tripper or do ya have the full panniers to back up them racks?? ;)

T. Erdelyi said:
Hey Danbo considerin' we're near the same age, I know what your goin' through, having been a newbie 18 year old myself I thought I was invinsible, gettin' locked up straightened my a** up quick.

I'm sorry you got raped while being locked up. And here i thought it was just in the movies.

:)

AlphalphaPB said:

I've half a mind to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail, but the stars just aren't right yet... I suppose the trail will always be waiting though.

AlphalphaPB, if ya ever do hike the AT, depending on your ability you might want to leave out the part from the Lehigh Valley in PA to the Kittatiny in NJ.

It was voted one of the hardest sections of the trail to hike, what with the shale and slate cutting your shoes and and the loose rocks trying to dump you, a lot of people pass this area by and just get back on in NJ, but this is also some of the most beautiful part of the trail, so it is worth the trip.

Point44 said:
I'm sorry you got raped while being locked up. And here i thought it was just in the movies.

:)

Nah there wasn't any rappin'/singin',(you spelled it wrong) :rolleyes: but if yer nice I'll tell ya how they carve their initials in the benches when they take everything hard away from you. :confused: :eek:

T. Erdelyi said:
Nah there wasn't any rappin'/singin',(you spelled it wrong) :rolleyes: but if yer nice I'll tell ya how they carve their initials in the benches when they take everything hard away from you. :confused: :eek:
Flippin' musical mispellers!!! The musical form in question is Crap!! C-R-A-P..... CRAP!!! The C is silent! Get it right! :mad:

T. Erdelyi said:
AlphalphaPB, if ya ever do hike the AT, depending on your ability you might want to leave out the part from the Lehigh Valley in PA to the Kittatiny in NJ.

It was voted one of the hardest sections of the trail to hike, what with the shale and slate cutting your shoes and and the loose rocks trying to dump you, a lot of people pass this area by and just get back on in NJ, but this is also some of the most beautiful part of the trail, so it is worth the trip.
Haha, I just missed that section on a short hike this summer. I headed south starting somewhere around Carlisle, PA. Whether I thru or just eventually section the whole thing, I suppose I'll get to check it out.

Sometimes the rockier bits are more fun, because it feels like an adventure climbing all those rocks. The hardest section I ever encountered was a big flat grassy trail that went around a campground... seeing all those car campers reclining in comfort just about made me break down and hitchhike out to civilization. :(

Free time:
I'm working on some short video projects, and I'm working on a writeup to submit an invention to a competition. I also need to put up a new fence, and do some minor repairs here and there :grumpy:.

At work:
Updating programs, creating new algorithms for math functions, and figuring out more efficient ways to do things (as always).

Projects other than knives?...

eerrrrrr!!!...

UNnnnnnnnggghhh...

Gaaah!!! I can't do it!

Knives:
Drawing out a Karambit for a friend that does packing/unpacking, drawing out a Chevy emblem bottle opener / knife for a friend that loves Chevies, and as always, drawing out whatever comes to mind.

My septic system drain field needs replaced, so I'll be hard at work later this week watching someone else do it :)

If I ain't playing with them, then I'm making knives. Other than that, it's duck hunting right now, house projects, and some occasional time on a screenplay.

Polishing the resume, fixing the occasional piece of fence, painting some.

Rugger said:
2) Casting hard, sidelong glances @ the Lap Mountain Dulcimer in its case in the living room instead of taking it out & actually practicing/playing/learning.

Hey Rugger, have you ever heard of Kevin Jones? He builds this thing called a Walkabut Dulcimer, and I got one for my wife for her last birthday. She loves it, and it's apparently almost as easy to play as a regular lap dulcimer.

James

I have two young coon hounds that are really cranking right now. I'm keeping them in the woods a lot, hunting the toenails off them.

Trying to lose more weight.
Trying to grt better with my guitar.
Getting ready for deer season.

Paul

I'm building an Aussie muscle car up...

Its a 1974 XB-GT Ford Falcon coupe, for those who dont know the black super charged interceptor in Mad Max was also a XB hardtop ...I saved her from rotting under a tree (owners couldnt afford to finish fixing her nor keep it running right), it has a 351ci Cleveland in it, Performance extractors, 3000 staller, C4 transmission and it runs on normal premium and also LPG...When I'm done stripping the engine it'll be at a racing level with all performance parts going in, larger cams, port matched, larger valve springs (titanium since I'm using gas) hi flow 4 chamber manifold, Holley 680 (has the most potential to build up with my engines setup) and hopefully once I'm done it will run mid 11 second quarter miles.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/night_wolf_83 <---resto journal. :D

Other things I'm doing:

*Learning Iaido, a japanese sword art.
*Doing my bedroom up.
*going to the gym to get the weight down, lots of work to be done.
*Researching more on a specific area of ancient history.

Back