So I just got my aluminium Investegator and......

...I can't lie, I'm extremely impressed with the quality of it. I don't think I want to carry another pen anymore. So now the only question I want to ask everyone else....

....what is your favorite pen and why is it a Hinderer?

Brass Investigator. Just a great size & design. Like the weight of the brass.

...I can't lie, I'm extremely impressed with the quality of it. I don't think I want to carry another pen anymore. So now the only question I want to ask everyone else....

....what is your favorite pen and why is it a Hinderer?

I love the Investigator. I have them at my desk, in my Jeep, in my bag and at my workbench. When I first got one I said, "Oooh kinda small" that was quickly turned to, "Oooh Perfect size".
Now my problem is making sure I get it back when someone says, "Can I borrow your pen".

The Investigator is excellent as a back-up pen for when primary is out of ink or out of reach. They tuck away very well, clips hold great on most materials. A little Teflon tape on the threads assures nothing moves / loosenes as you go about your day. They do fly commercial without an issue (yet). The variety of materials and finishes for the main body let "us" choose which weight / look / etc. works best for our personal needs.

I have been eyeing them for a while. Will it accept any type of refills besides the Fisher ones?

I have been eyeing them for a while. Will it accept any type of refills besides the Fisher ones?

The Fisher Space Pen refills are the Bomb so not sure why you'd want anything else BUT I imagine IF you can match size and shape one would work.
I get my refills at Staples they are very reasonably priced.

The Fisher Space Pen refills are the Bomb so not sure why you'd want anything else BUT I imagine IF you can match size and shape one would work.

I actually haven't gotten one because I agree. I DETEST how the space pen writes. With a passion. I've tried many times to like it and just can't.

So the question remains, what other cartridges fit?

I actually haven't gotten one because I agree. I DETEST how the space pen writes. With a passion. I've tried many times to like it and just can't.

So the question remains, what other cartridges fit?

I've only used the Fisher refills. But I searched the Internet for about one minute and found that some folks modify a Zebra G301 refill by cutting down the butt a bit to fit into Fisher Space Pens. Some mentioned having to go w/ a shorter spring also. But don't know if any of this would apply to the Investigator.

Of the refills I have used I prefer the way the Parker refills write. Will those fit the investigator pens?

Of the refills I have used I prefer the way the Parker refills write. Will those fit the investigator pens?

I go over to Staples quite often, I will certainly look. I imagine it is more length specific than anything else.
Certainly won't hurt the "pen" any.
I'll report back when I know something. :)

(Ha, "He" just said when he Knows something - that could take awhile)

Shut up.

You shut up.

Thanks Rubi, here is a pic of my refill for a jotted. Right at 3 7/8 long. Not sure if diameter matters or not.

Hey RubiconSS, able to find out yea or nae on the Parker refill for the investigator?

Oddly, have not been to Staples yet. Must be because no kids going back to High School this year.
I'll stop by early this week.

Back