So, I really love the Insingo blade

Accelerator

Gold Member
I’ve owned A LOT of knives since I started collecting them back in ‘08, and I’ve got to say the Insingo blade is my all time favorite. There are others that I can appreciate, still own and still carry, but the Insingo perfectly fits the way I use a folding knife. And since we all like pictures….

IMG_0284.jpeg

Last edited:
The Knife Art carbon fiber scale is my favorite combination for the Insingo.

6dd4HVP.jpg

I don't own one yet, but if I ever save up and find one available...mine will be an Insingo as well!

Last edited:
my first purchased crk was a tanto, but the one I actually carried was a small 21 insingo, foolishly let it go due to bills and finally replaced it this summer. They sure got pricey sadly.

Great reply’s. The Insingo is a pure working blade in my opinion. A fantastic slicer with a very strong tip. It draw cuts like nothing else and the hollow grind is outstanding. It’s like it knows it’s job and can’t wait to get to work.

In the relatively short time I’ve been consumed by this madness, this modified wharncliff blade shape has floated to the top of my preferences. Any model of knife I like enough to consider buying that has it as an option, that’s the one I usually go after. Besides liking the looks of the blade, functionally it just fits my needs best. I have a few Bucks and Kershaws, and a few others with similar blades. I’d probably have looked for an iMamba before the CRKs if it came with one of these types of blades; but they don’t, so a couple of CRK insingos won the Tour d’Linguini race.

IMG_0926.jpeg

Last edited:
You will get no argument from me, the insingo is the cat's pajamas; very useful blade.

I find that it is exceptionally easy to sharpen as well - not that a CRK drop point isn't - but anything "wharncliff-esque" sharpens up super well.

*Still holding out my pipe dream of a Dasmascus insingo blade, likely never going to happen; but it keeps me dreaming/motivated.*

You will get no argument from me, the insingo is the cat's pajamas; very useful blade.

I find that it is exceptionally easy to sharpen as well - not that a CRK drop point isn't - but anything "wharncliff-esque" sharpens up super well.

*Still holding out my pipe dream of a Dasmascus insingo blade, likely never going to happen; but it keeps me dreaming/motivated.*
I’d buy several polished Insingos, but have heard that it will never happen either. Something about the blade being dangerous to polish? Bummer.

I find that it is exceptionally easy to sharpen as well
^This. I cannot sharpen a drop point CRK to my satisfaction, which annoys me greatly, but the insingo is easy to get symmetrical and screaming sharp. I have not bought another drop point, not because I don’t want one, but because I would also want to buy a WE guided system and that makes the price of the endeavor stupid high (only because I’ve mentally linked the two).

^This. I cannot sharpen a drop point CRK to my satisfaction, which annoys me greatly, but the insingo is easy to get symmetrical and screaming sharp. I have not bought another drop point, not because I don’t want one, but because I would also want to buy a WE guided system and that makes the price of the endeavor stupid high (only because I’ve mentally linked the two).
Having spent what seems like department of defense level money on WE products and drop point Sebenzas, I feel your pain.

If I had it to do over again, I would save money and get the WE go for $275. Add one set of strops and you're in business. The 200/600 is the only set of abrasives you would need for magnacut.

Just one idiot's opinion, of course.

knowing what i know now, if i could go back, id probably have bought an insingo instead of the tanto for my first. I also wouldve kept my user insingo that i scored off the forums 5 years ago, instead of letting it go. that was a helluva good price.

Back