So now that Demko is here on Bladeforums. . .

Demko Knives MWallace Demko Knives MWallace would you be so kind as to give a bit of a summary of the roles you’ve played in the industry to date and maybe a few knives you’ve designed? Anyone on the Cigar Smoking Monkey’s radar is someone I should take notice of. Thanks!
Andrew and I grew up together and started making knives in 7th grade. I started with Cold Steel in (I think 2009 about a year or two after Andrew started) and my first design was the Colossus. After that there was the Immortal, Bush Ranger series, Khan, Storm Cloud, and Luzon Series.
Andrew and I share the patent for the Toggle Sheath for the Trench Hawk, Liner lock with Safety (Luzon) and Lockback with safety (Double Safe Hunter), and Stun Darts for the Big Bore Blowguns. I had my hand in many other projects adding my design preferences to many things over the years and making a multitude of prototypes.
I designed and made the prototype for the Strategy from Ocaso Knives. I have two fixed blades from another manufacturer that have yet to be released, but are in the pre production stage. Also did my own custom knives (Wallace Edged Tools) for a while but I just don’t have the time to do that like I’d like to.
Now at Demko Knives I’m more on the machining side running wire EDM’s, Waterjet, manual mills, grinders, etc… As a bonus I get to be here on BF as the rep for Demko Knives, talking to all you fine folks here.

Last edited:
Andrew and I grew up together and started making knives in 7th grade. I started with Cold Steel in (I think 2009 about a year or two after Andrew started) and my first design was the Colossus. After that there was the Immortal, Bush Ranger series, Khan, Storm Cloud, and Luzon Series.
Andrew and I share the patent for the Toggle Sheath for the Trench Hawk, Liner lock with Safety (Luzon) and Lockback with safety (Double Safe Hunter), and Stun Darts for the Big Bore Blowguns. I had my hand in many other projects adding my design preferences to many things over the years and making a multitude of prototypes.
I designed and made the prototype for the Strategy from Ocaso Knives. I have two fixed blades from another manufacturer that have yet to be released, but are in the pre production stage. Also did my own custom knives (Wallace Edged Tools) for a while but I just don’t have the time to do that like I’d like to.
Now at Demko Knives I’m more on the machining side running wire EDM’s, Waterjet, manual mills, grinders, etc… As a bonus I get to be here on BF as the rep for Demko Knives, talking to all you fine folks

and we are glad ya are here with us to discuss Demko knives.

ya forgot to add, that youre a nice fella with an open mind to design complaints, input, and discussions.

think I met ya first in the cold steel forum here when i was complaining about the Chinese made budget bush ranger folder compared to the Taiwan made upgraded bush ranger. ya easily could have gotten mad or ugly as i tend to say things without thinking them through......but ya talked to me like a human about it and helped open my eyes on the subject and that always impressed me.

and we are glad ya are here with us to discuss Demko knives.

ya forgot to add, that youre a nice fella with an open mind to design complaints, input, and discussions.

think I met ya first in the cold steel forum here when i was complaining about the Chinese made budget bush ranger folder compared to the Taiwan made upgraded bush ranger. ya easily could have gotten mad or ugly as i tend to say things without thinking them through......but ya talked to me like a human about it and helped open my eyes on the subject and that always impressed me.
As the late comic Mitch Hedberg once said. “People either love me, hate me, or think I’m ok.”
That’s kinda how I look at things. You may like my designs or not and I’m ok with that. Getting mad at or ignorant with people surely won’t change any minds. It generally makes things worse. I’m always receptive to other opinions and ideas while trying to state mine as tactfully as possible. I’m honored to be here representing Demko Knives

Now at Demko Knives I’m more on the machining side running wire EDM’s, Waterjet, manual mills, grinders, etc… As a bonus I get to be here on BF as the rep for Demko Knives, talking to all you fine folks here.
I forgot i have one ya designed made for Ocaso knives in my collection of Wallace's designs....
20231103_194159.jpg20231103_194820.jpg
course Demko designed a model for them too
thinking this knife company fella y'all worked with at cold steel.

I forgot i have one ya designed made for Ocaso knives in my collection of Wallace's designs....
View attachment 2378420View attachment 2378421
course Demko designed a model for them too
thinking this knife company fella y'all worked with at cold steel.
Thanks jbmonkey for the purchase and plug for the Ocaso Strategy. Demko designed the Solstice for Ocaso and that’s one sleek folder.
Yes Ric Valdez started Ocaso Knives. He was the former VP at Cold Steel so he has a strong foothold in the industry. Demko and I were the first two designers he chose to work with. Andrew was instrumental in helping get the Strategy to Ocaso, providing CAD drawings and his CNC equipment to make a production ready prototype from my handmade original. Andrew’s friendship and generosity knows no bounds.
How do you like the Strategy? That’s my favorite one of the Strategy models with the PVD blade and anodized aluminum handle scales.

Thanks jbmonkey for the purchase and plug for the Ocaso Strategy. Demko designed the Solstice for Ocaso and that’s one sleek folder.
Yes Ric Valdez started Ocaso Knives. He was the former VP at Cold Steel so he has a strong foothold in the industry. Demko and I were the first two designers he chose to work with. Andrew was instrumental in helping get the Strategy to Ocaso, providing CAD drawings and his CNC equipment to make a production ready prototype from my handmade original. Andrew’s friendship and generosity knows no bounds.
How do you like the Strategy? That’s my favorite one of the Strategy models with the PVD blade and anodized aluminum handle scales.
it's an amazingly well designed knife. its made well too. the aluminum rounding and liner edges are great. no sharp edges. the grooves fits in my hand like it was designed for my hand. it has a nice blade length for lots of tasks.....it's a good overall size but doesn't look or feel as big as it is in a good way. also the blade feels right. doesn't feel too long even for tasks where I dont need the full length of the blade. I'm very impressed with it......

it's an amazingly well designed knife. its made well too. the aluminum rounding and liner edges are great. no sharp edges. the grooves fits in my hand like it was designed for my hand. it has a nice blade length for lots of tasks.....it's a good overall size but doesn't look or feel as big as it is in a good way. also the blade feels right. doesn't feel too long even for tasks where I dont need the full length of the blade. I'm very impressed with it......
Thank you sir. Coming from you I take it as a great compliment.

Back