So what's next?.........

Ok so my addiction has definitely taken over and in a pretty short period of time I have acquired an M43, a Dui Chirra, a Chitlangi and 2 KLVUK's and have a BAS on the way...... My question is, what should I pick up next to round the collction out a bit more? I thought make a CAK or a Sirupate, and the Retis have also caught my eye....... Sooooooo many options! Wat do yas think?

Get a reti. I really enjoy mine and use it as much as any other khukuri in the collection.

Yes Phil, I said I'd never buy a sword as well. Now I've lost count. All is good, you're my preferred scapegoat with the misses.

PS: She has seven huge brothers yet she's the queen!

LOL! :)

Urban redneck, my attempt at being serious for once would suggest a Sirupati, Kumar Kobra or a Gelbu Special. All similar but different as typical in HI tradition. Personally I'd choose the Gelbu Special. Uncle Bill always spoke of it highly and it's named after one of Auntie's brothers for a reason.

CAK or AK first. WWII after that.

So many models, so hard to choose. However, the above models come up pretty often and are among the most widely sold HI blades, and most useful for heavy chopping. The WWII is a little lighter weight and perhaps more versatile.

As for CAK vs AK: The only difference is handle type, which also affects the balance a bit. The CAK is more visually appealing (to me, anyway, and many others), while the AK handle is probably easier on the hand, especially in cold weather. If you are in a dry climate you might get a little handle slab shrinkage on a CAK, which can expose the edges of the full tang, but that is easily fixed with a fine file.

Over time you'll probably end up with all of the models mentioned in this thread, so maybe the best approach is to get whichever one comes up next on a DOTD thread at a price you can justify to yourself.

I would suggest that you send your collection, lock, stock, and karda to me, and then start it up again, but with different models. That way you won't feel guilty about having too much of a good thing and your disease can run amok to it's heart content. No need to thank me for this suggestion. It's just part of the public services I perform.

David, I'll tell you after my smoke goes out. Sure seems to be a great idea at the moment. Got to go find something to eat......

Back