Software Upgrade Question

Spark I had a quick question for you. In the course of upgrading your software in the next few months, is there any plan of having a built in spell checker when posting?? I may be alone here, but my spelling sucks and it’s getting monotonous to cut and paste a majority of my posts to word for spell checking and then back again. I noticed a few other forums had this feature so I know it’s possible, I am just not sure if it’s practical. So can we expect this feature in the future?? Or should my dumb a-s just learn to spell better? Thanks :)

Last I heard online spellcheck is still impractical -- tremendous load on the server. However, you can write your posts in your favorite word processor and use spellcheck and whatever macros and customization you like and paste them into the posting window. That also makes it easy to save a copy yourself.

Spel chek?...Just do it the low-tech way (like me), and have a (Merriam-Webster) dictionary sitting on your computer desk. (Mine is pretty well-worn.:).).

Thats probably the best way to improve my spelling, But I am a lazy bastid, I will continue the cut and paste :)

What I do, is that I have a voice synthesizer running in the background, and when I type I hear the speech and if it doesnt sound right, then just correct it and hit space and listen to the word again. It's not a dictionary can't look up the meaning of words, but you can hear the pronounceation of it.

Here are some good one's.

Coolspeaking! this is a really nice one, but it's only a sample version only runs 15 times before having to pay for it, or re-installing it. Type in anywindow and text is converted into speech.

Also this really nice one Bill! I really like this one, but you have to type in it's text window to hear it. And you have to hit the talk button to hear it, and with the other one after each space hit text is spoken.

Give them a shot and enjoy.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANYOTHER TOOLS LIKE THIS? IF SO PLEASE SHARE.:)

Although these tools are great, I don't use them for just spelling. Main use is for use on the telephone (pranks calls:D) it could work for people with disabbilitys making it easier on them.

Almost forgot, if your really lazy and dont enjoy reading. Copy emails and bladeforum posts into the program and play it.:) Save alot of time.

Back