SOG Seal Pup Uncoated Seki Japan

I have not been able to figure out the photos here, but I have one of these and it is uncoated. Made in Seki, Japan, partially serrated. Cannot recall where I picked it up, but my question is whether these were genuine.
Definitely a Seki model, with a Seki stamp.

So, are these common, and genuine?

Thank you in advance for any information.

I don't think there can be much in the way of help without pictures of your knife. A few questions can be answered though.
Yes when the Seal Pups first came out they were made in Japan and marked Seki, so nothing sending up red flags based on your description.
Sog's are counterfeited a lot and come in from overseas, so that makes it harder to give you a definitive answer.
In general Seki made Sog knives are of more interest to collectors and depending on rarity and condition tend to go for more.

No they are not common at all. Ran across one of these just once before.
Do you have the sheath that came with it?

Would need to see photos of the knife in question. The only "classic" SOG I ever saw that was a counterfeit was a SEAL 2000, a model that was made in the same factory (Kinryu) in Seki as the Seal Pup at around the same time frame.
No uncoated Seal Pups were ever made in Seki for the US market. So either your knife is likely an original that has been stripped, or it is a fake, or some original but unfinished factory run remnant that trickled out. There is the "possibility" that it was made for the non-US market and the sheath might be an indicator.
Only seeing the photos can determine which.

Last edited:
Back