SOG Ultra XR issues out of the box

Hi folks, just received a SOG Ultra XR (graphite/carbon) in the mail, it's gritty despite copious amounts of oil that came on the pivot. When you look down on top of the knife it seems there is more space between the scale and the blade on the right side of the blade vs the left. Is there only one washer? Steel riding straight on CF would explain this grittiness. I don't want to take this knife apart because axis type locks in general are a nightmare for me to reassemble without affecting the centering. Is this normal? Did someone forget a washer? Also, there is absolutely ZERO billboarding or markings of any kind on the blade. Is this normal also? This knife was purchased from DLT. Any explanations are appreciated. Thanks.

I had a similar issue with mine which was cf and gold. Purchased from an online retailer, arrived in a sealed box. Blade was not at all centered, it was a two-hand only knife. Blade rubbed against one scale consistently, and action was gritty and hard. There was no way that knife could be flipped open or closed in any way like any other XR lock knives. Also looked like there was only a washer on one side of the blade as well.
I contacted SOG/GSM Outdoors and spoke with a very nice lady who arranged for an exchange. She warned me that due to the GSM acquisition and transition, my exchange may take longer than usual, which was ok by me, since it was clearly communicated. So the knife is on its way to their warranty department… I hope to get a replacement soon.

Back