• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD - 200mm Kiritsuke GoMai - Brazilian Walnut

Guilherme Mantovani

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing great.

I recently finished a very elegant piece and I hope you like it.
It's a kiritsuke with core in random pattern damascus and sides in 1045, with a SS 304 shiny line between the layers.

This reverse tanto tip it's a feature I never thought I would like so much. Everything you want to operate on the cutting board, with precision, it will do.
I never thought I would need a chef with this tip, until I made one for myself.

Look how interesting: stainless steel doesn't weld in the forge without complete shielding on the sides of the billet, so first I needed to forge the damascus (with multiplications, etc. ~100 layers), the traditional way... then clean the bar and make an damascus sandwich with the 304 and the outer layer of the 1045 on each side. I shielded this new welding billet so that NO oxygen could get in, and then heated it and "glued" it together, calmly. So, in other words, +100 layers (MAI) only turned into 5 (GO).
The damascus was made with 1075/15n20.
The bolster is bronze and the handle is a beautiful octagonal burl of Brazilian walnut.

Specifications:
Blade: 200mm (ok, 201 :cool:)
Handle + bolster: 145mm
Width: 44mm
Thickness: 3mm
Point of balance: 1" forward bolster
Weight: 196g
Leather case - I saw a similar case on the internet but I don't remember where, so if I saw it here and the creator shows himself, I'll leave the necessary references.

I'm asking SOLD USD shipped (guilhermemantovani09@gmail.com PP ID).

Thank you and stay safe.

DROP POINT SAN MAI HUNTER

52100 NESSMUK + CELERON

aLFwAmW.jpg

ZsnCH84.jpg

TEocXSF.jpg

AfVzuzL.jpg

VXfVdFd.jpg

S6BGcdU.jpg

J8ogd4y.jpg

DHMtn5t.jpg

Last edited: