• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 26C3 Nakiri with Hamon and Rosewood handles

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've finished up this Nakiri today that I'm putting up for sale. The steel is 26C3 which is a recently available carbon steel that is extremely clean and fine grained. It's from Voestalpine and is one of their razor blade steels. The handle is Rosewood and the ferrule is stabilized Mango. The cap and spacers are G10.
The grind is full convex down to 0.005". It does well with food release. The spine is also thin because of this convexity but despite this there is only mild flex. It's sharpened at 17 DPS.

SPECS:
OAL: 355mm (14")
BLADE: 185mm (7.25") long, 50mm (2") heel height. The blade has been hand sanded to 800 grit and hamon produced during heat treatment. The grind is full convex to aid in food release. The spine is thin due to the convexity but is rounded. The choil is rounded for comfort.
STEEL: 2mm (0.078") 26C3 carbon steel heat treated to RC63-64.
HANDLE: Rosewood with stabilized Mango ferrule and black G10 cap and spacer.
Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

zpxGG8V.jpg

S0krFAM.jpg

zolIExo.jpg

3XrNywm.jpg

mKgQeFi.jpg

dICY2Ju.jpg

kKtFVdi.jpg

qenyoSd.jpg

Last edited:
For those of you who might not know, 26C3 is similar to legendary Hitachi White and Hitachi Blue cutlery steel, similar in composition and very clean high quality steel.

And of course, this is a beautifully clean knife by Robert as usual too!

Back