• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 8" Sheffcut Nakiri Mod with Stabilized Amboyna Burl

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've got one of my modified Nakiri's up for sale here today. The steel is Sheffcut which is very fine grained British carbon steel that is an upgrade to 26C3 with the addition of some Niobium. It forms great hamon and takes a screaming sharp edge. The handle material is absolutely beautiful two toned Amboyna burl that was stabilized by K&G. These are great all around kitchen performers, I have one of these and use mine pretty much every day.

SPECS:
OAL: 13. 0"
BLADE: 8.0" long, 2.0" heel height. It has been hand finished to 800 grit then etched in FeCl to reveal a beautiful hamon. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.006" before sharpening.
STEEL: 0.098" Sheffcut carbon steel heat treated to RC63-64.
HANDLE: Stabilized Two Toned Amboyna Burl with natural micarta and white G10 liners and natural micarta pins.
WEIGHT: 210gm (7.4oz)
Price: $395 Shipped USPS in the CONUS, international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, check or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements. I have this posted on Instagram as well. The first time stamp has priority.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking!
i8Upx4gl.jpg

wUDR2zBl.jpg

VI4LlEOl.jpg

G5h9jytl.jpg

fS8zB0Sl.jpg

0LDsLw5l.jpg

tSDBQval.jpg

Last edited:
What an eye-popping color setup. For anyone thinking about this…you won’t be disappointed. Robert crafted one of these for me from Magnacut and Sycamore, and it is a pleasure to use. Well done, as usual, Robert! That hamon is crazy!

Back