• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*Sold*80CrV2 Largemouth Bowie, G10 and Kydex

Hi everyone, this is my first official for sale thread as a maker here. A bit of background, I’ve been a sharp objects enthusiast since I was a little kid, and a few years ago I decided to try my hand at making knives. I did it all with hand tools, and produced a few “knife-like” objects. The benefit, however, was while I was toiling away, my real focus was on researching the hobby and learning as much as I could.

Fast forward to this year, and the start of COVID inspired me to up my game and get some proper equipment.

Since then, I’ve churned out a dozen or so knives that have gone to folks I know (and a few I don’t). Another 8 have been kept by me to break and beat the heck out of, to ensure that my process is sound and I’m producing a blade that I’m proud of.

My knives won’t win any beauty awards (neither will my photos as you can see below haha), but they cut like crazy, are made of quality materials, have a digitally controlled HT, and each one is a labor of love. All at what I think is a fair price as I try to establish my brand.

If you’ve made it this far, thank you first and foremost, and here are the specs!

Largemouth Bowie
1/8” 80CrV2 Steel
Heat treated in my evenheat kiln then put through 2 tempering cycles aiming for a hardness of 60-61Rc
HT scale left on flats and Bowie tip curve
Secondary bevel is semi-convex, sharpened at roughly 20dps
Handle is FDE G10 with black G10 liners. Stainless Corbies with a nickel silver tube.
Kydex sheath set up for a Tek-Lok or g-clip

Knife is incredibly sharp, pops hair like it’s not there and glides through paper seamlessly.

Price is $sold shipped, payment is PayPal or PMO. Any questions please let me know, and thank you for looking!

3A526CC9-477B-4784-B78D-B3CB334FC995.jpeg CA27A677-8DBC-41B5-B7D7-E7367877C9C3.jpeg CD497E4D-74B7-4406-B508-94920BEDCB28.jpeg F2D2790F-4B57-4E07-BAAE-B377568AF8CF.jpeg CA5499C8-85CC-4056-B7F6-D5FCEBB81E93.jpeg 76E7355D-AC79-4179-8AA7-929287909917.jpeg

Last edited:
A big thank you to everyone in this thread for the kind words and support. It’s a bit nerve racking to offer items for sale that you’ve poured hours and care into. You never really know how they will be received. I am humbled.

I liked the look of it, definitely see this as being popular, and different from what is normally seen. Good job and keep cranking out some cool, and useable designs.

Thank you all for the support! I do this in my spare time after my day job and night job (kids haha) are done. I don’t foresee being able to put up more than 2-3 knives a month here, but I will keep in mind the interest in this design and will definitely be offering more of them in the coming weeks/months!

Back