• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD A very sexy 11" slicer with a beautiful, unique stabilized red maple handle (Stainless steel)

Francisco Vaz

fvazknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Sold

Hey guys!

Listing one of my favorite knives up to date.

For those who are fans of red!

I will let the pictures speak on this one and put a description in the end.

b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b5.jpg
b0.jpg
b6.jpg

About the slicer

Sporting a 11" blade out of 14C28N stainless steel by Sandvik (near same composition as AEBL), hardened to 61hrc, this knife is literally a chef sword.
The blade is completely straight, true and centered with the handle. It is rigid, doesnt have any sort of distal taper in order to save more material in the spine but still a very aggressive, convex grind.

By being a slicer, the convex grind will literally top its performance by pushing the food being cut away from the blade, increasing the slicing efficiency.

Both spine and choil are perfectly rounded and hand polished. The comfort using this knife is absolute.

The handle is made out of a unique, extra figured and beautiful red stabilized maple wood. It has a g10 inner core that will keep the handle in good shape even when wet and in temperature changes.

Final considerations:

This blade is pure poetry, it is the kind of knife that you will justify cooking only for the pleasure of using it. You will be taken back to your childhood by swinging this as a sword, due this, please dont tell your wife in case of buying.

One of the biggest i did up to date, quite a challenge for making such long, hard and centered blade. Hours and hours carefully grinding the blade.

Makers mark are done in a 30ton press which ensures it to be deep enough to last a lifetime or two even if you sand it daily. The good old fashioned way, almost like someone carved it in the metal.

The japanese mark means "Kando"

Im really reeeeeeeally happy to see how well balanced and light is the knife - despite being a 11" long blade, 202 grams of weight is the proof in form of number on how well the knife turned out.

Be aware that 14C28N steel is one of the toughest stainless steel out there, it is extremely user friendly and offers a great edge retention, toughness and corrosion resistance combo. Due its very fine grain and edge stability, it gets sharpened really easy and smooth.

THIS BEING SAID, STILL A 61HRC 11" Blade, so use it carefully.

PRICE: 380$ with the beautiful red luxury zipped pouch included (which can also fit a small paring knife inside)

Im from Brazil and i dont take Paypal, payment is easy and fast, multiple options. I got a lot of references and im confident this knife will please you by all means.

Please visit my website on fvazknives.com

Preferably claimed via email fvazcustomknives@gmail.com - feel free to ask questions regarding the blade quality or process, it will be a pleasure.

Have a great weekend everyone.

EDIT1: Forgot to mention but this knife will be delivered hand sharpened to 2000 grit - this is my favorite grit for real life use and believe that any finer is overkill.

Last edited:
Many many thanks my friends, this one was pure sweat. Have a great sunday you all!

Back