• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

~SOLD~ "Academic" Friction Folder CPM 20CV + Marbled Copper Infused Carbon Fiber + BONUS Burlap Micarta Scales!

The_Iron_Joe

Knifemaker, Jeweller. Custom Books Open!
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Holy heck, that went fast.

~SOLD~

Hello everyone. What I have for sale today is none other than my personal EDC model of my "Academic" model friction folder. I've been carrying this knife as configured for quite some time, but as I've got bills to pay; following a thorough cleaning and re-sharpening it'll be ready for a new home!

These scales are an interesting type of copper infused marbled carbon fiber, one where the copper manages to show through with a complex range of contrast. I've enjoyed carrying it immensely, and it has been an excellent show piece for those interested in my work. It's fair to say that this knife is the reason for many in-person sales over the last two years!

And as a bonus, I'd like to include a pair of burlap micarta scales!

Some specs are below, followed by video and pictures.

Blade steel; CPM 20CV (Aim 61-62 HRC)
Blade stock thickness; 3mm // 1/8"
Blade length; 3" from tip to edge of handle
Handle material; Carbon Fiber (Copper Infused) + Burlap Micarta (Golden Brown)
Handle length; 4.25"
Hardware; Stainless steel
(Two T15 Torx Keys Included, if the buyer wants them)

iZ4pHL2.jpg

KbkzY5F.jpg

IUTMxNT.jpg

vjgGyNG.jpg

rnO7xvg.jpg

Were this an all-new knife, I'd normally be asking around $380CAD due to the cost of materials (plus at least another $60CAD for the burlap scales...), but as this has been my personal EDC for the last two years...

I'm asking $300CAD (~$236USD as of writing) PayPal G&S, insured and tracked shipping included to anywhere in North America. If you live elsewhere, different shipping rates can be determined and we'll adjust the price accordingly. I don't want to ship without tracking or insurance, it's equally important to me that you receive the knife safely as it is that you pay for it.
😁

I'll have this listed in other places, so this thread will be updated if it happens to sell elsewhere. This is the last of this material I have to work with, and likely won't work with it again outside of a custom order... and prices have indeed gone up.

If there are any questions at all, please ask here.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Congrats to the buyer!!! Great piece of craftsmanship..... I love and use mine often.....
Second set of scales.is awesome!!👍👍👍
Nice work sir......Looking forward to seeing more!!!!

I have not seen a knife like this before. Really cool and looks very well-designed as well.

I have not seen a knife like this before. Really cool and looks very well-designed as well.
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words!

Back