• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD An unique and beautiful paring knife out of 52100 - 1300 years old bog oak

Francisco Vaz

fvazknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Now sold

New offer running of 300$ for both raptors (including the big one) on my post listed before this one

Hello everyone!

As mentioned in my last post, im still burning some 52100 that stacked on my workshop.

This is one of those that whoever claims it will be a proud owner and member.

For this paring knife i focused on delivering to whoever buys it a very high performance tool but still with some "artistry" on it.

I wanted something subtle but classy for the handle, so i picked one of my favorite materials which is bog oak (stabilized). This wood is certified to have 1300 years old and the owner will receive its radiocarbon dating document.

After the bog oak bolster, i did one very special spacer of "Arizona Jade", a Trustone product made in USA which adds to the blade an unique, special look. Then, the handle gets finished in a nice stabilized burl by Raffir, one of the best companies in the world to offer stabilized products.

I think that both blue and green naturally mixes really well, the dark bog oak bolster is a nice call to create contrast between the colors of handle and the satin finish of the steel.

If you're a lucky and careful owner, your blade will develop a blue/purple patina that will be the icing on the cake.

b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b4.jpg
b3.jpg
b5.jpg

You guys know im not a big fan of putting every single dimension of the knife since i focus more on the weight/balance in real time when shaping and grinding the knife, but it has a little over 5" of blade length and an extremely centered and well balanced weight.

A quick performance demonstration - this has become so far my favorite test since carrots are very fibrous and are not forgiving when it comes to blade geometry.

Even by carrots being very fibrous, see how the blade really "enters" effortless on it.

Demonstration video:

Blade will be delivered hand sharpened to 2000 grit, as sharp as shown in the video above

Both choil and spine fully rounded for your comfort.

Heat treated to 61hrc, fine grain guaranteed. Even at this HRC this steel is really tough, will offer a great experience of daily use.

PRICE: 220$ with red zipped pouch included - it is already priced as per my discounts on 52100 steel, only the handle took me about 6 hours of work, cannot go lower than this, by being an unique knife, im confident its owner will be happy.

Im from Brazil and i dont take paypal. Payment is fast and easy, have multiple methods and can provide tons of references - please contact me with any questions fvazcustomknives@gmail.com

Also, feel yourself welcome to take a visit on my website where you will be able to see a lot more of these -> fvazknives.com

Final considerations: a really nice, unique knife taken to excellence by balance, fitting, finish, heat treatment and geometry. Very special handle materials, can be used to gift someone important.

Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks!

Have a blessed week everyone!

Last edited:
Back