SOLD: Big, fast, and strong? This knife all day long.

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings BFFs, this is one of the last three sawmill bladesteel blanks I had made. I am completely out of sawmill steel and after this knife, I have only two other blanks left that I had made from it.

Inspired by designs from Winkler knives, this one is big, thin, light and fast in the hand for its great size, and super duper slicey with its near zero full height convex grind.

Specs:

Steel: 1080ish reclaimed sawmill blade steel
Hardness: Heat treated for RC 57-58.

Stock Thickness: 3 mm

Overall Length: 14 3/4"
Cutting Edge: 9"

Geometry: Full height zero ground convex, chef knife levels of thinness behind the edge. Though not what I would call a hard use chopper, it's going to be great as a camp, food prep, utility, or fighting knife. Yard work? Without even batting an ... knives don't have eyelashes do they...

Weight: 13.2 oz, super light for a knife over a foot long and such a tall blade

Handle: Natural maple, treated with mineral oil, secured by carbon fiber pins

Sheath: Desert tan Kydex

Asking SOLD

Price is via PayPal G&S (I will provide the email address in private messaging) and includes expedited shipping with full tracking and insurance.

First "I'll take it" gets priority. Upon payment, please also confirm your shipping address.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_7659.JPG
IMG_7660.JPG
IMG_7662.JPG
IMG_7663.JPG
IMG_7661.JPG
IMG_7666.JPG
IMG_7665.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, she cuts!

I forgot to mention I radiused the spine for comfort, so don't expect to make fuzz sticks with this one.

This is going to be a serious hard use knife for the back yard. Let's find it a new home where it can be used and abused.

Last edited:
To be honest, I have way too much carbon steel knives. But this one IS special... Expedition will be to France, so this, added to your very generous sales price makes it more a loss than a deal for you. Anyway, let me know. I have no problem if you prefer to sell local, seems only logical.

You know I feel the same way towards large carbon blades, but I would love to add this to my next order from David. After looking at what postage is from Canada I am hesitant to even ask what the postal service would charge for this beast.

International shipping always was complicated but with the current restrictions its become a real pain and a gamble. I'd take the cost of "expedited shipping with full tracking and insurance" but I'm not sure if the expedition ordeal is worth it.

Hi guys, thank you for the kind words about this knife. Every knife I have ever shipped has arrived, with the exception, of course, of the ones still in transit. True, a few have taken a little longer than normal to arrive lately, due to Covid madness, but they are still arriving. And if they don't that's what insurance is for. I worry about shipping price, not my customers. So is someone taking this?

No worries as you were first to commit. Have a couple of larger Carothers so this was going to be a fun beat um up blade. David is giving this away so your offer is better then mine. Thank you for being so willing and will follow thru if you don’t want it.

Back