• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[SOLD] Custom Justin Gingrich Ranger Knives RD Competition Cutter

[SOLD] Justin Gingrich/Ranger Knives Custom RD Competition Cutter.

A Little background:
Ranger Knives was owned by Justin Gingrich and later Justin evolved his business into Gingrich Tactical.

Justin himself has background in the US Army Rangers, 20th SFG and in security contracting in Iraq. In addition to tactical skills, the man made some hardcore knives and other blade tools for serious users.

The knife:
RD Competition Cutter is a custom made by Justin in 2007, designed by and directly acquired from Justin. I'm the only owner ever.
The manufacturer is Justin Gingrich meaning this is a unique custom.

The knife is satin polished. Convex edge. The blade spine has been rounded.
There's a Ranger Knives Lightning Bolt logo on the top part of the blade.
The blade is 5160 spring steel. Hardness between 57-59 HRc.
Blade length 243mm (9.5in), thickness 6mm (1/4in) and width 50mm (2in).
Total length 380 mm (15in) and weight of the knife 610 g (21.5 oz).

Handle is full tang with Maroon Micarta slabs and stainless tubes, micarta is rounded and smoothed nicely. Includes a paracord safety cord.

The sheath is a classic frog-type leather sheath from which the knife comes off by pulling it up. Pretty heavy construction.
There is no locking mechanism for the knife in the sheath. This kind of sheath has been used for centuries and was placed between the pants and the belt so that the metal pin "locks" on the belt.

Note! There are some scratches and a messed up logo stamp in the back side of the sheath that have come directly from the sheath maker (not Justin but at the time other custom maker)! So they have not appeared from use or added later. Again, they are on the backside of the sheath, not the front. Check the picture with knife in sheath (from backside).

Last edited:
Justin Gingrich/Ranger Knives Custom RD Competition Cutter.

For sale, no trades thank you.

Prices including shipping:
USA/Canada: 450 € / $450 USD

Europe: 430 €
If your country is not in those regions, contact me and we'll work it out.

Payment via Paypal or Bank Transfer.

A Little background:

Ranger Knives was owned by Justin Gingrich and later Justin evolved his business into Gingrich Tactical.

Justin himself has background in the US Army Rangers, 20th SFG and in security contracting in Iraq. In addition to tactical skills, the man made some hardcore knives and other blade tools for serious users.

The knife:
RD Competition Cutter is a custom made by Justin in 2007, designed by and directly acquired from Justin. I'm the only owner ever.
The manufacturer is Justin Gingrich meaning this is a unique custom.
Tested a couple of times. Sharpened and stored in a dry place. The knife itself is in prime condition. Of course, a collectable item, but also for heavy use when needed.

The knife is satin polished. Convex edge. The blade spine has been rounded.
There's a Ranger Knives Lightning Bolt logo on the top part of the blade.
The blade is 5160 spring steel. Hardness between 57-59 HRc.
Blade length 243mm (9.5in), thickness 6mm (1/4in) and width 50mm (2in).
Total length 380 mm (15in) and weight of the knife 610 g (21.5 oz).

Handle is full tang with Maroon Micarta slabs and stainless tubes, micarta is rounded and smoothed nicely. Includes a paracord safety cord.

The sheath is a classic frog-type leather sheath from which the knife comes off by pulling it up. Pretty heavy construction.
There is no locking mechanism for the knife in the sheath. This kind of sheath has been used for centuries and was placed between the pants and the belt so that the metal pin "locks" on the belt.

Note! There are some scratches and a messed up logo stamp in the back side of the sheath that have come directly from the sheath maker (not Justin but at the time other custom maker)! So they have not appeared from use or added later. Again, they are on the backside of the sheath, not the front. Check the picture with knife in sheath (from backside).

About the shipping fees:
This item resides in Europe so european buyers, no taxes to be paid! In central Europe shipping costs are bearable.
Shipping to USA is way more expensive and UPS/FedEx prices are even higher. The shipping costs have been calculated for the cheapest tracked shipment from local the post service.

Contact me for further info. Thank you for your interest!
What kind of condition is the blade in?

Last edited:
Aranger87, by condition of the blade I assume you mean primarily the edge?

However, the blade in general is in great condition. No deformation or any sort of damage anywhere.
The edge is similarly in excellent condition. Use was very limited before storing it.

Aranger87, awesome. I'd like to message you but can't probably because you're a basic member.
Can you privately message me if you click my profile, so we can get this going?

I wasn’t able to pm you either. Feel free to email me at …

Last edited:
Hey PatriotDan. Let me known of emailing works for you. If not I will find an alternative that you prefer. Thanks!

Back