• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

~SOLD~ Friction Folder CPM 20CV + OD Green Linen Micarta

The_Iron_Joe

Knifemaker, Jeweller. Custom Books Open!
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
~SOLD~

I've got another friction folder I've made, this time with a 20CV blade and od green linen micarta handles! I was excited to work with this type of micarta this time around; it ended up slightly more textured than the black micarta I did previously. Though a bit more expensive, it was also a bit nicer to machine. Hopefully I can track down some more, as I'd like to make this a regular option...

Also, I've started offering blades with an "as milled" finish, where the milling lines are still visible. The difference in height between ridges is just under 0.1mm, or 0.0039", so it's not a texture that meaningfully affects cutting performance. I do still offer hand sanded finishes, but as an optional upgrade.

Some specs are below, followed by pictures.

Blade steel; CPM 20CV
Blade stock thickness; 3mm // 1/8"
Blade length; 3" from tip to edge of handle
Handle material; OD Green Linen Canvas Micarta
Handle length; 4.25"
Hardware; Stainless steel

I'm asking $230 CAD (~$182 USD as of writing), insured and tracked shipping included to anywhere in North America. If you live elsewhere, different shipping rates can be determined and we'll adjust the price accordingly.

I have this listed in other places, so I'll update this thread if it happens to sell elsewhere.

Thanks for looking!

wKncsUW.jpg

lisVbB3.jpg

gExUdF9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and interest, but this knife has sold!

I'll have more available soon, with new handle material!

Thanks for the kind words and interest, but this knife has sold!

I'll have more available soon, with new handle material!

Certainly glad you hit me up first.... Didn't last long at all huh!!! Not a bad problem to have!! Appreciate your hard work and the.postal service is as slow as ever!! Still in transit.......
Best of luck with all your future endeavors!!

~SOLD~

I've got another friction folder I've made, this time with a 20CV blade and od green linen micarta handles! I was excited to work with this type of micarta this time around; it ended up slightly more textured than the black micarta I did previously. Though a bit more expensive, it was also a bit nicer to machine. Hopefully I can track down some more, as I'd like to make this a regular option...

Also, I've started offering blades with an "as milled" finish, where the milling lines are still visible. The difference in height between ridges is just under 0.1mm, or 0.0039", so it's not a texture that meaningfully affects cutting performance. I do still offer hand sanded finishes, but as an optional upgrade.

Some specs are below, followed by pictures.

Blade steel; CPM 20CV
Blade stock thickness; 3mm // 1/8"
Blade length; 3" from tip to edge of handle
Handle material; OD Green Linen Canvas Micarta
Handle length; 4.25"
Hardware; Stainless steel

I'm asking $230 CAD (~$182 USD as of writing), insured and tracked shipping included to anywhere in North America. If you live elsewhere, different shipping rates can be determined and we'll adjust the price accordingly.

I have this listed in other places, so I'll update this thread if it happens to sell elsewhere.

Thanks for looking!

wKncsUW.jpg

lisVbB3.jpg

gExUdF9.jpg

Awesome job Joe!!! Absolutely love it... Top shelf!!!IMG_20210824_125555.jpgIMG_20210824_125543.jpg

Back