• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD FS: PRICE REDUCED: Set of 8" Paper Wheels, and variable spd 6" grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bad News: Even with several phone assists from Richard J (Thanks tons Richard) I was unable to learn to use these wheels to my satisfaction. I spent about 7 hours and got a great edge but it "wandered" creating an uneven grind that was unaesthetic. The failure to get good results with the wheels is mine and I'm going to place the blame on my shoulder injuries.

The Good News: I'm selling the Paper Wheels and the grinder. Also included is the kit for the wheels that includes the wax, the white compound and the container of grit. Also included is an extra kit of wax, compound and grit.

Here's the link to the grinder from Lowe's, where I purchased it. It's a variable speed model and was $80. The setup includes all the parts that originally came on the grinder, grinding wheels, wheel guards, rests, etc.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_78808-46069-PCB525BG_0__?catalogId=10051&productId=3162491&UserSearch=porter+cable+6%22+grinder&Ntt=porter+cable+6%22+grinder&N=0&langId=-1&storeId=10151&rpp=24

Here's a link to the wheels at Grizzly.com where I purchased them. The wheel kit was $35 and the extra kit was $12.

http://grizzly.com/products/G5937

The grinder and wheels have only 7 hours of use on them.

The setup cost me @ $127, not including shipping. Your price is $85, $75 $65 and whatever shipping costs are to your location. I'm in Los Angeles. If you want to come pick them up, there won't be any shipping costs.

Pay by Paypal to uncllou at aol dot com and I'll ship to a confirmed address in the US. After you write on the forum that you'll "take it" contact me via PM to work out shipping details and costs.

Thanks, Lou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back