• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

[SOLD] K390 Banno Bunka

Hey guys,

what you are looking at, is a very rare full size kitchen knife made out of K390. It was professionaly heat treated to 64 Rc by Bohler-Uddeholm Slovakia. This type of knife is usually called banno bunka and can be used in the same way you use your gyutos. We recommend this knife for cutting, chopping and slicing vegetables and boneless meat.

The handle is made from one of the hardest woods known to man - australian buloke, red liners and black G10 liner. There is nothing special about the handle though. The blade is what makes this knife so special. Forget steels like blue, white or 52100 steel. K390 is the real king of wear resistance and edge holding. It is not stainless but the stain resistance of K390 is more than enough for kitchen use.

Some specs:

Blade: 205 mm full flat grind, double bevel, 1.3 DPS
OAL: 346 mm
Weight: 162 g
Thickness on the spine (at heel): 2.3 mm
Thickness behind the edge: less than 0.25 mm (0.010 inch)

It will come with free saya.

Asking: SOLD + shipping.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM/e-mail us or reply here.

sabolbrothers-available-20161004-banno_bunka_205.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm obsessed with this knife. You used my favorite steel with my favorite wood. I wish I could afford $500 because you have made my grail custom

Back