• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD - Racing Kukri

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good morning BFFs. Today I would like to share with you a project that I am very excited about, a compact stainless kukri, ready to fearlessly take on the most hot and humid jungle.

This one is nice and light for its size, so you'll be able to move it fast, and it's thin so while I don't recommend it for super hard dead wood, it will absolutely demolish green wood, saplings, foliage and all manner of vegetation in its path. This one's hungry, so you better be ready to work, because this kukri sure is.

And if you really want to use it hard... well you can. That it'll chip is extremely doubtful. It may roll somewhat, however, if you decide to call upon the "strength of a bear" to chop through that dead old log, without immaculate edge alignment.

Specs:
Steel: AEB-L
Hardness: RC 61 (if this sounds high for a chopping tool, don't forget that AEB-L has been scientifically shown to have toughness levels rivaling, not only other stainless steels, but even carbon and tool steels - see how AEB-L at 61 RC tested to be tougher in his tests than both 52100 and M4 at the same RC! There's a reason I am making myself one of my Barong Seax patterns in this steel, and you guessed it, I'll be requesting RC 61-62 from the heat treater).

AEB-L-vs-non-stainless-toughness.jpg

Chart borrowed from Knifesteelnerds.com

Stock Thickness: 5/32"

Overall Length: 17"
Cutting Edge: 10"

Geometry: Full height Convex, .015" behind the edge, 15° per side, with a 20° toothy micro.

Weight: 20 oz

Handle: Black canvas micarta, with a roomy bird's beak for comfortable retention. This is not a "smash your pinky" hook... unless you are related to André the Giant. Secured with four brass pins and two tubes at the butt for a lanyard if so desired (you really don't need one with this knife, the handle is very secure from slipping out, even in full force swings).

Sheath: Black Boltaron, the tougher more resilient big brother to Kydex. Boltaron is more resistant to higher temperatures, and thus holds its shape better in very hot climates that would cause Kydex to deform. Interestingly, Boltaron is also more resistant to fracturing in cold temperatures than Kydex as well.

Special features: 1" ricasso area, which will allow comfortably choking up for carving or other tasks requiring more precision and balance.

Asking SOLD

Price is via PayPal G&S (I will provide the email address in private messaging) and includes expedited shipping with full tracking and insurance.

First "I'll take it" gets priority. Upon payment, please also confirm your shipping address.

Thank you for looking!

Knife
IMG_7375.JPG
IMG_7376.JPG

Hammer Grip
IMG_7377.JPG

Choked up Grip
IMG_7378.JPG

Thin Geometry
IMG_7380.JPG

Boltaron, Kydex's Big Brother
IMG_7382.JPG

Last edited:
I can tell you the Seax I got from you cuts like a banshee. I've been clearing an area leading to a new larger garden space. Glides through heavy vines, large palm fronds, and sizeable underbrush. I've got piles of stuff waiting to be burned cut with the seax. This is used primarily in areas I can't get power tools into. Really surprised NO chipping even with heavy use. The edge you put on it is really excellent. While the seax requires some maintenance to prevent rust this Kukri or khukuri should really serve someone well absent of the rust concern.

Thanks... but what's a KLO?

Okay then, I'll take a guess. Kukri like object? Granted it's not a canonical orthodox kukri.

Thanks... but what's a KLO?
KLO (khukri-like-object) as opposed as traditional Kuks made by Biswakarma Kamis (caste and the traditional inheritors of the art of kukri-making) in Nepal and Inda. I used to be a Kuk nerd with a collection of over 70 of them before I start parting with this superb but useless mass of steel. I would chose yours over any Cold Steel, Ka-Bar and alike KLOs. Yours look blistering fast and the choice of AEB-L makes it low maintenance under humid conditions :)

EDIT: "Granted it's not a canonical orthodox kukri." Well guessed, that's a good one.

Thanks Wolfy!

For such a kind compliment, $20 off for you if you take it today. :D

Trying to resist the urge. Very nicely done, I am sure this would be an excellent tool for maintaining trail corridor.

Hey blarkk blarkk ! Thank you so much for your purchase! I hope you're still enjoying your Wackyslashy you got last year!

PM received sir!

Great looking knife and I love the Aeb-l choice. I had something similar designed and build out of Nitro-v for the same reason. I found you from a post for a knife you did in Aeb-l at 63hrc and had to look up the maker. I've even seen it 64 but don't know how well it performs there but at 62-63 it should still be plenty tough for just about any use. I've seen a guy cut through a nail with a thin ground Aeb-l knife at 62 and it just had some minor damage.
Bit of topic but I've always found it odd that cruwear and Z-wear are so far apart even though it's the same steel. My only guess is it's ingot cruwear, not cpm cruwear.

Last edited:
Back