• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD - Spyderco Rock Salt H1 Orange - Reground to Flat

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is a big slab of H1, the completely rustproof steel, that I modded according to my preferences. A more neutral handle design and reground flat with a full length cutting edge, removing the finger choil. I also ground the index finger groove further forward to allow holding the knife closer to the cutting edge, to compensate somewhat for the removed choil. I also rounded the point on the thumb ramp so that using a thumb supported saber grip is no longer the painful ordeal it once was.

The knife is now much more comfortable, slightly lighter, better balanced, and as you can see, very thin behind the edge making it superb for yard work, slicing through vegetation, foliage, and even thin branches like they are not even there. Food prep is a cinch. Don't be crazy and use it for batoning through knotty dead oak, chopping door nails or things like that though; use it like a thinly bladed light knife, which is what it is, and always was even before my mods.

Includes box, papers, original factory sheath and custom Kydex sheath. With all the mod work done, the custom sheath, and the fact that these Spyderco Rock Salts (and Schemp Rocks) are discontinued, this price is a bargain. The last time I saw one of these on ebay, it was over $300, and didn't have any extras.

Asking SOLD

Payment is via PayPal G&S (I will provide the email address in private messaging) and includes expedited shipping with full tracking and insurance.

First "I'll take it" gets priority. Upon payment, please also message me your shipping address.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_8149.JPG
IMG_8150.JPG
IMG_8151.JPG
IMG_8152.JPG
IMG_8153.JPG
IMG_8154.JPG
IMG_8155.JPG
IMG_8156.JPG
IMG_8157.JPG

P.S. If anyone wonders why I would be crazy enough to part with this gem, it is because I am making myself a replacement knife, a custom Sitrep with a seax shape.

Last edited:
Don't look away now Mark. There's a new orange buddy for your green pacific salt calling out to you. "Mark, adopt me quick or someone else will!" ;)

Captain Dock, she's yours!

Congrats, Captain Dock. I'm so glad this sold. I've been drooling over it for a couple days, but just no way to do it, having not worked in over two months. Enjoy it, and heck of a great job DM!

Back