• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD Two of my favorite paring knives - really great grind on 61hrc 52100 high carbon steel - true rosewood handle

Francisco Vaz

fvazknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
SOLD

Hello everyone

These two paring knives are my favorite when the focus is to have a simple, high performance tool taken to excellence by all means.

Blades are tiny bit less than 6".

I picked 52100 steel due its known features of:

- Ease of sharpening, no stress with the stones
- Fine grain and edge stability
- Great toughness
- Good edge retention and responsiveness at 1000~2000 grit, which in my opinion is the perfect grit for a daily home use.

Both spine and choil are perfectly rounded and will offer a great comfort during use. The blade heel has enough length to fit your finger and create multiple positions of use.

The handle of this knife is a poetry on its own:

True rosewood + good lines + good fitting, centering and balance = great experience of use. You really dont need to go any further to be pleased by a nice tool, it will require very little maintenance and will probably outlast us.

The wood specie is Dalbergia Nigra, a wood that has near 1,1g/cm³ of density which is compared to african ebony and very little less than ironwood.

b2.jpg

b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b6.jpg
b1.jpg

b5.jpg

The grind i picked was a very thin, smooth convex edge. This will naturally push food away from the edge and increase the efficience of your movement by reducing friction.

Not only this, but such thin, near zero grind also makes your life easier when resharpening since there is less material to remove behind the edge. In practice, this means less wear on your sharpening stone and an easier and faster sharpening process.

By having less material on the edge, it also makes easier to have a better consistency on the angle.

In summary, based on the statements above, sharpening it will be really easy even for unexperienced users. You will be able to take it to a razor sharp edge very very easily.

Its blade geometry and grind is so efficient that it can cut with so little pressure that even at its own weight in hands, it slices fine paper without any grip.

Price 240$ 180 new price hand sharpened to 2000 and with the beautiful red zipped pouch included - I dont take paypal and can provide tons of references. Payment is easy and fast, multiple options.

Please claim/contact me via email fvazcustomknives@gmail.com

If anyone buy both of them, a great discount will be provided.

Please take a look on my website, there are many many cool pictures, especially the ones from customers: fvazknives.com

Have a blessed week everyone!

Last edited:
These are very nice and in one of my favorite steels 52100, easy to sharpen and hold a great edge. We will have to talk after I get the beetle from the last order. Please don’t give up knife making as I see a real future in your work😉

Back