• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*Sold*Vintage Axe head - Single bit - Kelley 'Woodslasher" (probably) - head only XF

flintman50a

Gold Member
Here is another XF single bit axe (head only)...Nice full profile...No impact marking on the poll, top or bottom of the eye. Some original paint remaining...Good old steel - Very nice differential heat treat margin evident...Six distinct ridges running from top to bottom of eye leads me to believe this is an old Kelly Works 'Slasher', BUT not 100% sure....there is a lot of discussion on the net to support this...anyhow, it's clean and ready to work...don't run your finger on the edge....Head weight is 3lbs 10oz....$50>>>$45 bucks delivered to you CONUS address.005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 011.JPG

Last edited:
Sir, I'll give this a shot. Never hung an axe head and this looks like a nice one. You can e-mail details to me at xxxxxxx Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry but another BF member messaged me on both before you came up....let me see if he still wants both and I will get back.l

Again sorry for the confusion

Back