Solingen Damascus beauty

Gress

Gold Member
Swiss Dagger made in Solingen was a knife I was thinking getting for sometime now.

Although there are couple of versions of this knife I liked, I wanted something more special. Luckily there is a Damascus version available produced in small batch of 500 knives only.

Today I got it and am very happy with the knife. It is made in Solingen, Germany of hand forged Torsion Damascus steel following the tradition of German Damascus sword smithing art going back to Middle Ages.

IMGP73611400.jpg

IMGP73411500.jpg

IMGP7346800.jpg

This is truly a collector's edition. Strips of nickel and manganese tool steels are hand forged and twisted 15 times providing more than 300 layers for the strength and unique Torsion Damascus pattern.

IMGP73511200.jpg

IMGP73441200.jpg

IMGP73201200.jpg

To me, she is a beauty. Glad I got my copy till they are still out there.

IMGP73271200.jpg

Great you were able to find the dagger you wanted. It is a really beautiful edition. Congratulations!

Very handsome. Congratulations on that one!

Thanks.

Torsion Damascus represents the highest class of smithing. Thanks to Andreas Henrichs who is performing the complex forging process for Boker. It is outstanding work.

Beautiful blade! Congrats!

Those are so cool. I couldn't justify getting one as a display piece to my wife (tried with other knives), but those are so sexy. Very nice. I love some of the classic European hand weapon designs.

This Swiss dagger design has been used for many years in Germany.
There are many examples from SA WW2 era too.
GUEST_72609370-0ffe-4504-be93-8e9af9e69670

That thread seems to be in a Custom handmade knives area and long time abandoned (last post 2014)...

On a side note I was wondering why does this top of the line model come with the leather scabbard as opposed to a metal (and original) one. So I contacted Boker and luckily they sold me a what is proper IMO scabbard as a separate item. Looking forward to getting it.

Here is the one which came with the knife
IMGP73691200.jpg

Here is the one I wanted and am getting as part of another model package.
STANDARD-2198258bbec555f7a8-600x500.jpg

It will look properly with the black on black theme.

Back