SOLVED maybe: From the Spyderco Factory or Aftermarket addition

Modoc ED

Gold Member
This Spyderco Native2 C41PS is legit. Does anyone know if the circuit board insert is factory or an aftermarket addition?

1694536469066.png

I've seen that knife or one very similar to it on EB.

I am a collector of Natives & that's not factory issue. I assume someone just glued the circuit board onto the handle to make it look "different."

The Native came in this afternoon. After carefully checking it out, the faux cyber board is not inletted into the stainless steel scale but affixed to the scale with some kind of super glue - it's really really stuck on - not coming off.

1695264939080.png

The Native came in this afternoon. After carefully checking it out, the faux cyber board is not inletted into the stainless steel scale but affixed to the scale with some kind of super glue - it's really really stuck on - not coming off.

View attachment 2328829

So, you bought it. That's interesting but why take off the circuit board? That's what makes it different & unique.

If you remove the circuit board, it'll just look like any other Gen 2 PS that you could have bought instead. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
So, you bought it. That's interesting but why take it off the circuit board? That's what makes it different & unique.

If you remove the circuit board, it'll just look like any other Gen 2 PS that you could have bought instead. 🤷‍♂️

Looks uncomfortable to me.

So, you bought it. That's interesting but why take it off the circuit board? That's what makes it different & unique.

Looks uncomfortable to me.

I'm not going to take the circuit board off. Now that I've got it I like it the way it is and will keep it that way.

It is heavy but it's too nice, at this time, to use/carry. I'll just put it in with the other Natives I have and let it supervise the rest for now.

Having garbage glued to your knife is never good for the value or aesthetics. IIRC that knife is 100% metal. Drop it in a glass of acetone until the e-waste falls off.

Back