Some BK&T Questions

Now that Camillus is going to revive the Becker Knife & Tool line, I would like to fire some questions off about the BK&T of old. First, I am aware that they made a large camp knife designed by Jerry Fisk, the Campanion, and that large fixed blade that definitely gives meaning to "sharpened pry bar" (sorry, the name of that slips my mind). Was there anything else besides these? And...is Camillus/BK&T going to bring back that Fisk camp knife? If so, what will be the SRP? I've seen that knife before in an old Cutlery Shoppe catalog and like the looks of that one. TIA for the help.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

Dexter, in a Spring/Summer 1995 Cutlery Shoppe catalog, it shows the Campanion as a drop point 1/4" 1095 sharpened prybar, 5-1/4" blade. They had a bigger camp knife (in, I believe 440C) called the Magnum (or was that the Brute? I'll check my other old Cutlery Shoppe catalogs at home). The one I'm waiting for, and I've been keeping an eye open for a while, is the Rescue/Divetul, 6" blade of 1/4" 440A, flat (non-pointed) tip, also a sharpened prybar, but in a more purposeful design and materials to drop it in the trunk and forget about it unless you really need it. Granted, it won't take or keep as good an edge, but should last a long time in the car trunk or tool box, and take a good share of abuse. Besides, I think it just looks cool.
wink.gif

Unfortunately, I became a fan of BK&T's products too late to get them while they were more widely available, but hopefully we'll see some reincarnations of some classics.

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Don - thanks for the reply. Though I've never used any BK&T knives (yet....) they seem like tank-tough, well built knives. Now that they are coming back via Camillus, hope to see some new models and perhaps a folder? What do you say Phil and/or Will?
smile.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

Back