Some Fun News!

JK Knives

I have been contacted by an author, Joshua Hood, of an action / adventure series of books about having one of my knives featured as the carry knife of the main character in the series. This is pretty exciting for me, as I will be mentioned as the maker in the book. This will be in the next book written, here is a link to the first book in the series. http://books.simonandschuster.com/Clear-by-Fire/Joshua-Hood/9781501105715

Fun news is right. That's awesome. Hopefully it will be illustrated too with the JK in action :D.

Congrats :thumbup:

That's awesome!

Actually it was a Robert Ludlum character that first led me to pay attention to Sig Sauers when looking at handguns, and that's what I ended up buying for my first pistol.

So hopefully, it'll lead to even more business!

Thank you for having me. I'm already getting a lot of interest in our new collaboration. Can't wait to see the first knife, which will go to one lucky fan. This might be the first of its kind in the book world!

Sounds like a great read Joshua. Looking forward to picking this up.

Congrats John, that's a feather for sure!

Jeff

Josh couldn't pick a better makers knife!
Congrats John.

When I started getting into high end production folders (way before custom fixed blades) I read a book that featured a main character who carried an Emerson and it got me interested in Emersons and I ended up buying a few.....
then selling them as I found I don't really care for a left hand chisel grind being a righty as I am.

Hopefully this'll stir up more sales and help keep our favorite shops' doors open.

That sounds like "The Protector" by David Morrell.
I thought it was a Morrell and took a quick look at his list, but couldn't remember the title.
You called it John.
51zae3dcbCL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The honor is mine JK. Check out www.clearbyfire.com for free chapters of book one, Clear by Fire out Aug 18.
Just had a look at chapter 1 and like what I read.I didn't read it all as I like to start fresh on a book.
I love military action/adventure genera books and look forward to reading the rest of Clear by Fire and subsequent volumes Josh.
Looking forward to book 2 and mention of the JK.

Thanks guys. I'm just excited about the opportunity. I think it's going to be a huge hit, and hope I can overwhelm him with orders.

Congratulations John!! Very well deserved publicity. And kind of cool too.

Josh, good choice, although having had a quick look at your bio I think you should take a tight hold of your credit card and slowly back away from the computer before your precious writing time becomes forum time. I would suggest that you are in a high risk group for addiction to this pastime and craft. :) All the best with the new book.

That is great news, any idea what model the knife would be or some new design?

Back