Some kind of clear plastic coating on new carbon steel knife??.

My brand new Victory knife made of high carbon ,has some kind of clear plastic-nylon coating,that is easily scratchable,but do not know how to take it off.Any ideas,i havent seen this type of coating on a knife,and was surprised,tried taking it off with another knife but doesnt really work,its just scratching it.Otherwise,this knife is awesome,thin,super easy to sharpen and strong enough for any cutting task,outdoors,hunting,etc.

Last edited:
If it is plastic, acetone might soften and/or remove it. Be careful with acetone, if the handle is also plastic/nylon.

Might just use it for a while and watch to see if the coating starts coming off on it's own over time. It likely will, one way or the other.

It is some kind of plastic,its scratchable easily by anything sharp,is pretty soft,but hard or imposible just to peel it off.Ill try acetone,although,this coating gets ugly pretty fast with use,but protects against rust.Will make patina on this one,its pretty good knife with excellent geometry.

Dont know yet how to poat pics here,lol,but its very thin,and invisible,unless you scratch it with other knife,is not really hard,but cant just scratch it off ,tried,will use acetone,am using knife as it is for now,until i go to home depot...besides the coating,an amazing knifr,super easy to sharpen and scary sharp-they say its sk5 carbon

Back