Some questions on the Safe Keeper III

I'm looking at getting this knife to carry IWB, use would be general/heavy utility (anything my folder won't do). Blade stock is pretty thick, so it should be durable enough. I know that push-style knives are not the best for utility, but I prefer to carry this IWB, and so the space-saving design of the T-handle is required.

All that said, I will carry it IWB via a Spyderco G Clip. Therefore, my questions are:

1. Are the holes on the SK3 the correct size for the Chicago screws that come with the G Clip? Some of my other Cold Steel fixed blades have 1/8" grommets, which don't accept the Chicago screws.

2. Is the plastic clip on the SK3 sheath removable? If not,

2. How hard would it be to completely remove the clip? I don't have access to a dremel, so what would be other options if I had to remove it?

The SK III sheath eyelets are fine for the Spyderco G-Clip posts. I use the same size eyelets in my sheaths, and since I designed the G-Clip for Spyderco, I use them all the time. The existing clip is removable, but contributes to the fit of the knife inside the sheath. You can lift it out by prying the top of the clip past the little ridge on the sheath and lifting it out. You can also cut or saw the existing clip off if you want, but leave part of the top edge to keep the inside portion still in the sheath. Hope this helps.

The SK III sheath eyelets are fine for the Spyderco G-Clip posts. I use the same size eyelets in my sheaths, and since I designed the G-Clip for Spyderco, I use them all the time. The existing clip is removable, but contributes to the fit of the knife inside the sheath. You can lift it out by prying the top of the clip past the little ridge on the sheath and lifting it out. You can also cut or saw the existing clip off if you want, but leave part of the top edge to keep the inside portion still in the sheath. Hope this helps.

This is the answer I've been looking for. Thanks so much!

You said having the clip attached to the sheath contributes to the fit of the knife inside the sheath. If the clip was completely removed, would the sheath still have sufficient retention to ensure the knife would not accidentally fall out if worn IWB?

It should be ok, but will rattle around a lot more. The backside of the clip forms part of the inside wall of the sheath. Take it out and see if it works for you. If yo are careful in doing it, you can always put it back, or modify the existing clip more easily before putting it back.

It should be ok, but will rattle around a lot more. The backside of the clip forms part of the inside wall of the sheath. Take it out and see if it works for you. If yo are careful in doing it, you can always put it back, or modify the existing clip more easily before putting it back.

Awesome, thanks for all the helpful answers!

Back