Some questions

Hi-i was just going through all the sections of the forums and for the first time saw the Extrema Ratio forum went to the website and fell in love with the Harpoon:D
Anyway one cant find much info about the Extrema knives(exept for the steel) so:
1.What is and how does the Inpax peform-does it allow handle down carry without useing the ?
2.Are the inpax sheaths tek-lock compatible?
3.what is the handle material?Is it simmilar to Kraton?
4.Why are the handles atatched to the blade with only 1 screw?Doesent that cause the slabs to move?
5.What are the strange insterts in the handles?

Ok thats about every thing i wanted to know:D

Oh yeah do something about the extremaratio.com website-those two green lines that draw the name of the knife and the outline of the picture can get one pissed-off;)

Like Brownie said, go to the USA site, it's a lot more user-friendly and informative.

I do happen to have a Harpoon though --

The Impax performs similar to Kydex except it seems stronger, but flexible. It's isn't "formed" to the blade so it can be used left or right-handed.

As far as being TekLoc compatible, it really isn't necessary. The knife can be used in a variety of positions with the available sheath without the aid of a TekLoc.

There are two types of handles, and the one you're referring to has a "velco" type insert that adds a little grip to the handle, but more importantly; attaches to the sheath for added security.

The reason they only have one bolt is because that's all they need. The whole handle (it's not two slabs) can slide off the tang when you take off the bolt. This is for cleaning and for changing out handles (you can purchase different types/colors of handles). I've got both types of handles, and both handle hard work well, and seem to be a lot more durable than conventional kydex.

I hope this helps -- here is a little review I did when I first purchased mine when it came with a Ballistic Gum sheath (the pics show it with a lot of the straps taken off). -- http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259928&highlight=extrema+ratio

A little better pic of the handle:

Attachments

• extremacloseup2.jpg
    extremacloseup2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 48
Back