Attention Some sad news

bhyde

UNNECESSARY EVIL
Staff member
Super Mod
If you have been around for any decent length of time or looked through any of the Pics Only threads, you have likely come across a member with the username stjames. (Out of respect for his family, I will refrain from posting his full name)
He was one of the most senior members I ran across on this forum as well as in this particular subforum when I first joined. James was always an eager member to welcome new members as well as share a phenomenal collection of beautiful knives.
It's with great sadness that we learn of his passing, albeit nearly two years ago.

RIP James, you have been an inspiration to many and a mentor to the community; You will be dearly missed! :(

I remember when I was new to collecting, and how much his pics had me in awe. Like so many others, I was inspired to take my collecting to the next level. The day he told me he was enjoying my collection immensely was a proud day for me, because he was so respected. He's truly missed, may he RIP.

Thank you, James, for sharing with us all.

St James was a major influence on my CR collecting. When I joined BF and spotted this picture, it blew my mind! (picture by Mike Van Grouw, I hope he will forgive me for posting it here!)

IMG_2562.JPG
This was in the early days of the internet for me..... I had one CRK.
As my collection grew, St James was always generous with his praise and most helpful with his knowledge. I miss him! RIP St James!

RIP Stjames. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

awwww. this is terrible and what is more terrible....is that we are just now finding out 2 years later. RIP, brother.

I always appreciated his enormous knowledge about vintage CRK. For sure he was a beloved husband, father, brother, ..... for his family their loss is so much bigger than I would be able to express with my words.

He had all the good stuff and was very active when I started. He still pops up with the answers when I do searches-so in that way he will forever be with us.
He certainly be missed & my belated condolences to the family

Last edited:
He had all the good stuff and was very active when I started. He still pops up with the answers when I do searches-so in that way he will forever be with us.
He certainly be missed & my belated condolences to the family

I like this way of looking at it, he'll be with us always. Certainly never forgotten.

Sorry to hear of our community's loss ... thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

It's a shame really, to find out two years later? Alas, in the connected world of today's internet, we are really disconnected with the human side.
R.I.P. StJames.

Wow, this is sad news indeed. You were truly one of the originals and a great guy. Rest In Peace James, and condolences to your family.

Back