Some things I am working on

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here are a couple blades I have been working on :) The JEST Bolo is roughly 15 1/2in overall. The Kopis is running about 20in overall. Both are made from 1/4in thick 5160. The full flat bevels and tang drilling help bring em down in weight quite a bit though. The Kopis really has me itching to get it finished and get a few swings in with it! It's a BEAST!!!!!!

Bill I have one of your knives shaped like the Jest bolo. The seller called it a Dunner Solo. It is a extremely useful design. It is very lively in the hand and easy to get razor sharp on a sharp maker. I love the in works photos. I just need more money for knives.lol. Mike

Your Jest Bolo looks like a true work-horse, Bill! I would love to pick one up someday.

No update on the blades yet but I did run out to the plastic store today! Bought some 3/8 black G10 and some 3/8 natural linen micarta. Kinda curious to see how the linen version looks when done. Never used it before as I had a large supply of the canvas type.

Man it's been a long time since I started these blades!!! Finally getting some time I between overtime and the heat wave going on to workon these again :) I got some handles cut out tonight and should have something to show off soon. I am going with some black G10 on the JEST style blade and OD Green G10 over orange G10 liners for the Kopis. Both materials are thick right now so they will have some nice contours when finished. Stay tuned!!!

Yay! A little nap and I got the scales and tangs ready for epoxy! All clamped up now waiting for epoxy to cure now. Now I can take the rest of the day off for sitting in front of the fan with our little heat wave going on :)

That looks great bill. Looks like a chopping beast! can't wait to see the big boy finished up!

The JEST has already left the nest. When they are available, the JEST Bolos range from $350-$450 depending on size and finish.

Back