Someone please show me the Rhino!

Having had my interest piqued in Mikes #9 thread, I would like to ask that someone post a pic of the Rhino model by Emerson. This surely has to be a singular design. If I understand correctly, then this is a very specialized knife and accordingly there are likely few extant. I know that if someone has a pic of it, they are likely on BF.

Anyone want to cough up a photo...
biggrin.gif

Please

-Sam

------------------
Bleating and babbling, they fell on his neck with a scream. Wave upon wave of demented avengers March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

-Sheep (Pink Floyd)

Sorry...no pic. But if no one posts one for you, call up Emerson Knives at 310.542.3050 and request for one of their custom catalogs. I have one and there is a pic of the Rhino - it's a pretty funky looking knife, very strange looking. Sort of like a Spyderco Civilian but the blade hooks up in the other direction like a Rhino's horn.

[This message has been edited by Ronald Reagan (edited 07 August 1999).]

If anyone would have a picture of this knife short of the catalog I would guess Les Robertson. Maybe you can ask him for a picture.

There was a pic of the Rhino in an issue of Blade magazine a few years ago. I think it accompanied an article about chisel grinds. It was pictured along with a fixed blade by Phill Hartsfield IIRC. Anyone know the month/year of this?

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

"Spirits fly on dangerous missions, imaginations on fire.
Focused high on soaring ambitions consumed in a single desire."

Check out Tactical Knives Sept. 97. On page 73 you will find what was then called the SSDS. Is this the Rhino?

According to the letter that one of my clients received from Emerson. At that time only 5 had and were to be made.

Three were serrated and two were plain. I owned 4 of these knives and the 5th one Emerson kept.

The knife had a basic CQC8 handle and a blade that curved up and back. The knife was designed for slitting throats.

Rhino is probably a little mis-leading as the knife has a fairly thin blade. The story goes the knife was rejected by the SEALS as it was a little to " mission specific".

Intersting knife. I have heard of a couple of more floating around out there.

------------------
Les Robertson
Robertson's Custom Cutlery
http://www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com/rcc/makers.shtml
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I was looking through some old issues of Blade, and came across a Pic of the Rhino. Dexter was right, it was pictured in an article about chisel grinds. I believe that it was the June 97 issue. The cover had a pic of a BM AFCK BT coated blade w/ a flag in the background. Sorry I have no way to scan the Picture in. Hope this helps

Brian

Back