Something in Burl

NWA

Here is one that I made for someone who did not like it. So I am yet to decide where this one will end up. I may just keep it as it is darn nice. The idea was taken from my Sierra Scout, with a few added features that were wanted by the customer. His drawing was good, I just wanted to add some of me to this one and he just wasn't happy with the changes. So I am back at the drawing board, ( so to speak).

Anyway, the specs are 3/16" O-1 differently Ht'd
5 1/4" cutting edge, 6" from the tip of the blade to the front of the scales.
11 1/4" OAL with a HT'd extended tang and lanyard hole.
Handle material is Redwood Burl with a black liner.

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

Thanks for looking
Nick:)

MAN that is NICE! :eek::thumbup::thumbup:

Nick, is the blade less wide than the standard Scout, or am I being deceived by the picture?

I personally am not a fan of the large choil and extended lanyard hole, but the knife does have a sleek feel to it, and that Redwood Burl is absolutely gorgeous!! The black liners really set it off too :thumbup:

I hope the two of you find a happy medium on the next round.

Thanks R. the blade is the same width it just has more drop to the point.

I know many do not like choils or extended tangs, but it sure does fit nice in the hand.

Nick

Looks great, the patterns in that wood are really nice looking. Your wood handles always look so nice, I wouldn't want to ding them up!

Thanks R. the blade is the same width it just has more drop to the point.

I know many do not like choils or extended tangs, but it sure does fit nice in the hand.

Nick

Ah, that's exactly what it is :thumbup: Your lines with this drop point on this relatively long blade are very smooth.

You know, I don't hate a finger choil, but it does have to be large and comfortable enough to actually be useful. Your choil does indeed look like it's large enough AND curved well enough to be comfortable. :thumbup: The choil on my RC4, for example, just doesn't accommodate a comfortable grip.

Nick,
That is one sweet knife.
It's too bad that I'm not working otherwise I'd be asking "how much" :D:thumbup:

Back