Something's wrong with my computer...again

Well it seems to be the same thing that got me last time. I searched up my old thread, ran adaware, spybot, hijackthis, and cwshredder but I'm still getting popups :mad: . I think I've fixed the "about:blank" homepage but now I'm having trouble with AIM. Error report reports a "kernel.32" or something along those lines. I know it's a trojan of some sort and I've tried to delete it but have had no luck. What should I download now? Thanks for your help, guys! :eek:

EDIT: Homepage not fixed...put the computer geeks on hold, things are about to get messy :grumpy:

Do you have an idea whats causing it and can't delete it or have you no idea at all?

If you know what the problem is but the system will not allow you to delete it then go here http://www.diskcleaners.com/ and download the freebie. It got rid of a pesky thing I had. Usually if the system is using the program and will not let you delete it then it will ask you if you want to delete it at the next start up. say yes and it will zap it before it gets time to start.

Also have a look in the 'Add/Remove' section and look for anything suspicious. You may find that you have to go to the site that owns the POS program that self installed, but YOU have to hunt areound and download a freaking uninstaller. Its a pain but still do-able. My wife downloaded the Hot-Bar once JHC!! what a nightmare to get rid of.

Best of luck

Once you get rid of the problem, I'd suggest ditching AIM as well. Gaim is a much better program IMO. .

Run HijackThis again and save the log and send it to me. I will tell you what needs to be removed. Also download and run Spyware Blaster. Install this and update it. This program prevents all that crap from getting onto your PC to begin with. I have used it for 3 months now with excellent results. Be sure to update Adaware ans Spybot frequently. Don't worry. We'll get things fixed. :)

I hate to hijack this thread, but I'm having trouble with my computer too. I'm not very computer savvy so I'll try my best to explain what's happening. My connection is really slow. If I have to click on something to open up another window, I can just forget about it because it won't open. I'm getting error reports like crazy, ie, error occurred in script, etc... I updated Mcafee and searched for viruses. It found a bunch of adware-Keenvalue and two Trojan Name: Downloader-NH. It said that it deleted the trojan and some of the adware but couldn't delete all of it. It gave me the option to quarantine it so I opted for that choice and it worked. I still can't open anything up in a separate window. :( At least now I can move around on the internet. Earlier it was so bad that I couldn't open up internet explorer. Would someone please tell me what I should do? :(

If you want to split this off I'll understand. I just need help. :(

Thanks again for the help, guys! Will send e-mail shortly.

EDIT: Email sent

jsmatos,

Once you get the problem fixed, switch to NetZero HiSpeed :D.

jsmatos -

It sounds like like you might be missing some windows updates, even tho your pc is up to speed again. Check out the patches you might be missing at microsoft.com.

PS.... NetZero is notorious for installing rogue programs that run in the background and slow your pc down. You can see everything that's running in your task manager (CTL ALT DEL/Processes) and turn off big stuff that you don't need.

Thanks for the advice Danelle. I'll go and look at Microsoft.com now and see what I can find. It really sucks when your computer goes berserk on you. I'm going to have to focus more attention on prevention than I have in the past. :eek:

Anyone have an easy method to get the Paint download from microsoft's website? Spent a frustrating half hour or so last night and never saw it. They almost make ancestry.com look user-friendly (which it is not, at least for myself and several other folks who have attempted to use ancestry...) Screwed up and let the new version of Windows XP download and since then I have not had Paint, which is severely limiting my ability to reduce scans to usable size.

Well my computer still has problems. Sometimes I can't right-click or open links. AIM still has the kernel.32 thing and a window keeps popping up advertising for adware removal. "Only the Best" is the title. I've run adaware, spybot, hijackthis, and spyware blaster a few hundred times but it keeps showing up. Any idea what's affecting my computer?

Brian E -

You can easily get a free copy of Thumbs+ from kazaa - it is asuper easy to use photo editing program and has a lot more features than paint. Let me know if you can't get a copy and I'll put it up on my server.

Diamond Cut II -

You have spyware, but its not being picked up by the scanners. This page talks about your specific problem:

http://www.pchell.com/support/onlythebest.shtml

Also, you need to uninstall AIM and load something else, like trillian to use for your AIM chat client. Running just "aim" adds spyware too.

If all of you would just dump IE and use Mozilla Firefox you wouldn't have these problems. Still got to use IE for updates and on some lame sites but..... Firefox won't load the add ware or pop ups, the internet becomes fun again.

Tom

Back