Sordid Little Tale of a Custom Shop Nuclear Meltdown Fusion Battle Mistress

leatherman

leathermoderator
This is a step by step tale of the construction of a sheath for a very special Custom Shop NM Fusion Battle Mistress.

First is the original reception of said knife. tick tick tick.

Now, the leathersmith spends an inordinate amount of time dwelling on the design as he was given full reign on the design.

now

NEVER give a guy like this full reign on a sheath design! He is one heck of a nightmare of obsessive compulsive knotted up ball of barbed wire. :p

A few days, heh "days" yea, lets go with that.........

The basic design is done, a pile of wadded up paper in the corner and several over sharpened pencils in the ceiling, and a very worried shop dog wandering in and out of the shop.

More to come as I make this my first start to finish sheath build for a very special pair of sheaths.

oh

I didnt mention the other did I, crap. :eek:

EDIT: Changed the title a bit, I think it sent the wrong message. :eek:

Last edited:
If the rain stops, I'll post the first two steps today!

Got the basic pattern down now, about to bring out the cutters.

This sounds familiar. I'm curious :p and it would be awesome if you turn this into a work-in-progress thread with pictures!... but no pressure. :D

You look mighty familiar as well hombre. :D

Still friggin raining... but the work is on going so no worries, but no pics...... :(

It literally rained all day, so I had to take the second pic in my doorway to the shop. :eek: Muddy paws zone.

First is the blank cut to size, this is the "window" and the base for the carving as well.
mistress1_zpsebf27de0.jpg

Next is the back of the blank with the reference lines for both the windows and line work, I need to transfer some of this to the front via transfer material, essentially a thin plastic.
mistress2_zps7ac8812f.jpg

Next will show the transferred reference lines. :) Probably not tomorrow, but if all goes well and I get a bit of time to sit with it then you never know.

Nope... nope, I can't tell at all what you're thinking of or what it's going to look like! But it looks very exact and methodical.

I'm very familiar with that log of yours you use for your pictures now, so the tiled floor definitely threw me off :p

You sound like me when I am working ! Seriously though....is that for a clip point NMFSH ? Looking good so far - whatever design you chose !!

:D I do tend to obsess when working on a special project like this one.

Its a Custom Shop Nuclear Meltdown Fusion Battle Mistress Recurve, a super sweet knife made nicer with hand shaped handles to boot. I'll take a pic of it with the sheath as I get more down the road.

I'm already changing the pattern slightly, again. :eek:

Back