Sorry this isn't a True Knife Thread but its about all I can Handle.

What is your favorite Becker Handle Scale Material?

• Zytel or its decendant.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Micarta Types

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • G-10

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Resin with Green Glow Stones

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Wood

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Leather

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Paracord or some thing stringy or cordy type.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bare Steel Tang

• Crayton/Rubber

• Pressure Treated Wooded Ones

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
O.K. I had to move my literal bucket of blades from one place to another and got to recallonating the types of scale handles I used last year on various knives involved form Bactacitoning Tyrannical Botanicals to large Critter Cutting Season and some Fishy Encounters.

For Becker Knives I love Micarta for about all of them, but them Dogwood Fire Fly Handles just gives them some thing to glow about.

I found I was thinkernating on the types of handle scales and came up with the tool for the job thinkered process.

I favor Micarta for general purpose for larger wood processing and even the occasional deer. But its warm feel makes it feel pretty well all season round.

For large scale vivisection and dissection for large critter cutting season. (they not trust me for the finer stuff oddly) I like the G-10/ResinFilledwithGreenGlowStones for after fun work clean up of tools.

Frolicking Fun in the non civilized areas, about any thing is fine with me usually.

The Dogwood scales are fantastic! I only have the Tweener ones, but they're sweet.
I voted micarta, G10, wood. I think micarta suits the Becker line really well, but really... it's all good.
(punny title, btw)

I love the G10 scales VZ makes for KaBar! After them Micarta is the next in line for me. I do wish we could get more colors of G10 and Micarta though. Some greens would be phenomenal!!!! Another option folks have been screaming for years about is more Grivory colors. Specifically OD green and FDE. Casting resin is soooo easy to change colors. I understand adding products to the line is not always as easy as the making of the products but I’ve talked to enough folks to know a run of green, tan, and even safety orange would sell well.

I'm thinking on TKC G-10 for the larger Beckers for the BK5 for large critter cutting season. The Blue Resin with Green Glow Stones can go on one of my 3 BK9s. If I need more G-10 SCALES I'll have to get more Beckers for the Micarta handles. The Micarta handles for the BK72 went on the BK2 I had the Clear Resin and Green Glow Stone handle on. The switch made each knife more functional and look even better.

I love the G10 scales VZ makes for KaBar! After them Micarta is the next in line for me. I do wish we could get more colors of G10 and Micarta though. Some greens would be phenomenal!!!! Another option folks have been screaming for years about is more Grivory colors. Specifically OD green and FDE. Casting resin is soooo easy to change colors. I understand adding products to the line is not always as easy as the making of the products but I’ve talked to enough folks to know a run of green, tan, and even safety orange would sell well.

They make great stuff. I have a couple sets of their S&W grips.
Wish they did BK-62.... do they? Does anybody do them these days?

I wish they did! I was hoping KaBar would follow up with G10 after I first saw the Micarta BK62 scales.

I prefer wood for the tweeners and micarta for the big boys (love the grippiness). I have and am certainly open to G10 as well. I also have a couple of Beckers in factory scales and love them/plan to keep them that way.

Hard for me not to like them in any configuration!

I was wondering if anyone had a lead on where I might find a couple sets of wooden scales that fit the tweeners? I'd like to find at least one nice set and probably a couple if I can source them.

Thanks!

there's a couple of folks making them on the "ePrey" auction site.
Tommy the Who used to make some really nice ones - don't know if he still does.
Search Becker knife handle on eprey . Once you find them click sellers other items and you can scroll through what he has available. I have a couple of sets of tommy the who scales and I love them

I should add I check on what's available every week or so because I am waiting for a set for my BK-16 that I like. I have Monuteray bay chestnut on my 10 and Zebra wood on my BK-11

I picked up a set used Micarta scales years ago they didn’t have the scale nuts. They were made with threaded inserts instead. They weren’t even cut for the nut. Nice clean look about them. I put them on my user Patrol

Back