Sowbelly, one of lifes pleasures

I used the small heavily angled clip on my sowbelly to whittle away at an apple I was eating yesterday, as went I began to admire how well it worked. I know when Mr Belly invented the knife he probably didn't have this in mind, but what great tool. When I finished the apple I went to fridge got another and started all over again, not beacuase I was still hungry mind you.

Would Mr. Belly kindly convince someone out there to make one in carbon steel, please? :)

Tell us more about your knife, btw. I'm curious.

..OK Then.. How about this Moore Maker in 1095 and lemony fresh jigged bone scales?

000_1113.jpg

mmmmmmmmm.... lemony fresh :D Forgive me if this was resolved earlier... do we have a history on the sowbelly pattern? great e.g. sunnyd.

mmmmmmmmm.... lemony fresh :D Forgive me if this was resolved earlier... do we have a history on the sowbelly pattern? great e.g. sunnyd.

To answer your question: No, I don't think so.. Sure would liked to be proved wrong though!. Thanks S~K for your input!:thumbup:

Sowbelly comes from the way a pig, and the knife pattern, looks like from the side. Who termed it so, I can't say.
Greg

Hey, sunnyd, do you mind showing us a picture of that lemony knife with the blades closed?? I'm very interested to see how they lie in the knife; both sides please??

Hey, sunnyd, do you mind showing us a picture of that lemony knife with the blades closed?? I'm very interested to see how they lie in the knife; both sides please??

Sure Charlie,
No sweat, however, you will have to wait until the next sun rise so I can take the photo. As you may already know my photography counts on ambient light. :D Check back here tomorrow.

WN. You curious about how the pulls set? Wait............there's 3 pulls on this side. That answers my question.
Greg

Greg, I am curious how the blades and tangs are exposed, and how access to the pulls is achieved. It is interesting to see the different ways it can be done.
It's a good thing I am not obsessed with details;-)

Lemony fresh indeed :eek: The bone on that knife is scrumptious. Great knife and image sunnyd :thumbup:

Here's mine, another mooremaker. I have a late model case also, in cranberry bone but I don't like it because it is about 1/4" thicker yet than the moormaker!

waynorth,
Here is the photograph you requested. Post here again to let me know if this is OK.. I can always capture another angle if needed. I hope this helps..
000_1245.jpg

That's a perfect straight on shot! I hate to be a pest, but can you do the back too? I'm going somewhere with this!

That's a perfect straight on shot! I hate to be a pest, but can you do the back too? I'm going somewhere with this!

Never a pest my friend.:) Check back again tomorrow as the sun has set once again..:cool:

Here's mine, another mooremaker. I have a late model case also, in cranberry bone but I don't like it because it is about 1/4" thicker yet than the moormaker!

flylock,
Your Mooremaker Sowbelly is sweet looking. May I ask what year it was made?

And if you have the capability, would you mind showing a side-by-side picture with the Case SB & the MM SB from the back of the knives??.

Back