Spa Service for Sheaths?

riversidedep

Basic Member
Does anyone know if the Buck spa service extends to sheaths as well, and if so, to what extent? I have a number of older sheaths that are in need of repair for things such as stitching and snaps. A few need some touch up dying, but I think I can handle that myself. I don't have the skills or the tools to fix the other issues. Since these are older Bucks, I want to keep the correct sheath with them and not just replace them with a new one.

I've been wondering that myself. I have a new in hinged box Kalinga where the rivets have just fallen off the sheath over the years.

Ive never seen a sheath in for spa, they don't really have any leather tools or equipment left since they moved to Idaho. Best bet would be a local leather guy. I don't have near the type of parts needed for the older sheaths. If you can locate the parts you need online and take them to a local leather guy would make their day.

Out of curiosity, are sheaths covered under Buck's warranty? Never thought about it before.

Out of curiosity, are sheaths covered under Buck's warranty? Never thought about it before.
dont know but if they were, you'd be getting a new version if available. so for those wanting matching oldies....it would translate to a no.

Buck Knives has a 1 year warranty on their sheaths and don't offer any SPA services on the sheaths. They would only have the new version of the sheath for sale. I think you would need to contact a local leather smith or cobbler to fix those rivets. Or as said above let Makael work his magic.

Yes I think for the most part when we need a new sheath we talk to Mak. As far as the warranty, I had a knife come with the top cut clean off the sheath. When I contacted Buck they sent me out a new one right away. Alot of the people I know with the older more fragile sheaths will put them up and carry the knife in a newer more modern version to preserve the original.

I don't think this would be possible. Leather is a different beast than brass and steel. It has a shorter life depending on use and would require an expert leatherman or a team of them on staff. What Buck normally does is keep sheaths in stock, but if a model is discontinued they stop stocking on those sheaths and whatever is left is sold or used for replacements.

My advice is to find a local shoe repair shop. I've found two in my area that specialize in leather, boots, and shoes. They have repaired gun holsters and worn knife sheaths for me and usually charge me very little to do so.

It's not that hard to repair a sheath yourself. If the thread in a seam has ripped out. All it takes is a couple harness needles and a piece of thread. The holes are already punched in the leather. All you have to do is stitch it back together. It doesn't take long.
PgGM5U7QzlbRvIjK4eoB741r0oZAv5OOBMbYG6Bch_EYN4gxfvPs21-pBPE7rvyFGR1Ozp2PSiJOTw9E9EqY7rxD8SgFvP0xu2iC_D4HZFAGITDplPNNHPY_npjrZlvXWQIDW3rEMBJwHvS_U5QdDRRz53gJBOW-IrpMw0vsSDezFfM6jrfxntrNnk3P8uSGO3Umk-PFbAk6kQ9-rdoyUwoZy3luQ_fjt5gvt7etSno9eoYK9FHYgFbjY5dGMLfBoBuRsJsSu3hNcr_ZDa_f9Z3XKo5Z7ScmYaq0gXrXVwuAvLH5XjsBOJH0kkpJ-4bbkATH30ysAK0Rp2e9C1byvIikcMTGH7hGpiZoBSk_DoITw8wwAsDPRsPALLbS7IVGsyIwjtu_ZHcgz2V2ykyY5exxbmC-JadMxyt8nJkxVIODvswzb-nAdCsvps0XNTF508JO0MRI9zqCLexgptB_DhPBd8I9tKZixONQJkm3_Lhd2BvucEgszPKgz9IRi8Nyir8DC0VVAT35k1QTcX6rj1z9jp-FAhd7QEOJ7bUwFNjFMOhoot0J4ZqgYTxrHyEJWTHqmNrGYeKFFE-GYlMXcCWfoEISmF5XTP790_ack5juBCB7cuDOdxcMAyzJMevQ1VkADBAPMb7BVOG3E35RkqjR-RDcjVUvf0xYM1OTSDNGrVDxNzxTirXTRaEOKGwoivNwjFgdsGudMAcgIbY09I8G=w300
95iGr9tDD0McHSVochc28we8GKZ_5qdYv6bpRTSjGB-5v-kC1QtsToRKLw2hmPZxmWv6pszINCTNMXJB03BmVD1ybiihdcNZuzEh3Jblcf-u0pVOaxOIQ5YcHQk7541Rwhn4AK8hPM3ruD3v3miFbyEbLd-hwdAS4j7g2vGGjidZ3rLZ9IRVkvQrxUEGhcEF4QBkAde331RXjKguPsB5SrtCyTJrbvqdUyHB844UMh30iLj1YhcpiazucDBH5bVoz8DRiSGZJPpsOVId4zDzvtdrl0EA59LQ4QewcE4Dp6WwWSS1tkjo9KhREA_nOxx5fU5kFoS9f6z4D8_0-YDJcxPH0191xZA4jTbVTXzW-2ArJ9p0eaagcBiq2GOzVWlsmUdfH56PQQ1dHcm0KBLhE467_J12PBbO_lfLi1gzahigj1BWGAJvD1rLAVpGpXHL4ydk_oZlHRdA7YOSErxj5TENGCaOx1JMCBXRQbOg03rgNrEi7dPgjiYnc1VYdR_Rbd4XKk1_vCpPMsmzJJ2CXy5_BkQh9rsSST8OFTwRUORijgmCznh6B3OtGIvidXNxyvd93soZbAn5MVcgFmjb_LZ0uhlFBBr0h06iga10ERrefs26kbKm-PPx7nljaLbcYbAHudaI2Vkzk8eIpr2tpabYgZAN-uP_nuGlfwvWLeJTxTXhYcniniLMoBxe0ooAWeu6J9W0259wnHpvciMU3OtR=w300

If a rivet is pulled out or broken Tandy sells a kit with the rivet setter and an assortment of rivets for $10. As long as the leather isn't all torn up fixing a sheath shouldn't be hard.

O.B.

Thanks for the replies. It seems I'll have to find someone to make the repairs or learn to do it myself. I figured that might be the case. I'm not even sure Buck manufactures their own sheaths?

Thanks for the replies. It seems I'll have to find someone to make the repairs or learn to do it myself. I figured that might be the case. I'm not even sure Buck manufactures their own sheaths?
Your right. They dont manufacturer their own sheaths. Used to come from Mexico but were seeing alot more of Made in the USA versions coming thru.

Your right and I couldn't tell you who does but like Mak said their slowly coming out with more Made in the USA Stuff. My 212 I just got was USA but the ebony 110 was Mexico. The guy above me ^^^^^^ has made some sheaths for some of Joe Housers customs. I just it's not practical to make them in house.

Can I ask what is your reason for inquiring? And can we see pics of the sheath in question? We like pics.:D I'm just curious as to what said sheath looks like.

If the snap is broken they can put a nee snap on it..
At the 30th they put on new buck snaps to fix one bcci guys belt!:D

Back