Speaking of sticks.

53" OAL
35.4 ounces overall
Sword alone 17.4 ounces

Nice fighting staff. It's hollow but plenty study. The blade is very flexible, probably won't penetrate heavy leather well. However, it's extremely pointy and sharp. Slashing or sticking street clothes or open flesh would be nasty. A crack to the temple would be fatal.

Last edited:
Teaser right? OK whip that puppy out and keep taking pictures. We've been a waiting on this for some time ya know?

Oh my, more coming as we speak. It's threaded? Way cool.

I'll keep watching, this is getting good.

I had something that looked very similar (about a foot shorter), except that when you unscrewed and pulled out the top part, it was a pool cue. Not as cool as a blade, but likely to get more use. Mine also had a metal tip and a round head, but it was brass instead of wood. If I can find it I'll post a picture.

Long and slender beauty ain't she. Why a fell could roast 50 or 60 marshmellows on that bad boy at one time.

What an inferno if you light em off though.

Beautiful thing. Color me jealous with a chartreuse Crayola crayon.

Gorgeous!! I have a couple of sword canes that I love, one is balanced about the same as my Katana though a touch longer and thinner. But nothing as uniquely exceptional as that one. I love the way it looks too, the brass enhances the wood sections so well. Seriously jealous here. Congrats!

Great pix and post, hope someday you can make a trip to the Mount Everest with Kumar Stick Knife.

Doubt you'll make it past TSA with that thing. Be so cool to climb the mountain with that though.

Feather in your cap with a capital F.

Interesting fact, Pemba has climbed Mount Rainier right here in Washington. I see it everyday, couple hour drive to get close to it. Small world huh, big mountains but small world.

If I can find a way to attach a blade in place of the pool cue I'll have a poor man's version of the sword cane:

pool cue 01.jpg pool cue 02.jpg

pool cue 03.jpg pool cue 04.jpg

Interesting fact, Pemba has climbed Mount Rainier right here in Washington. I see it everyday, couple hour drive to get close to it. Small world huh, big mountains but small world.

the nepali word for mt. ranier is 'foothill' :D

It's no secret I have a lot of HI product. That said, this item is oh so wicked in so many ways. Rumor has it, it took Kumar two months to accomplish. I have no doubt. Likely one of a kind, a steal at twice the price. Kumar seems to be filling Bura's extra large shoes quite well. Lachhu and Thamar not much behind. Keshar Lal not far behind either.That said, i miss Purna and I'm lucky to have many of his works. Yangdu and Pala have a penchant for finding the best and why I'll be a faithful customer forver.

Last edited:
If I can find a way to attach a blade in place of the pool cue I'll have a poor man's version of the sword cane:

having played pool a LOT in the early 80s I am pretty sure I have seen one of those cues during that time. looks like it needs a good chalking up though :D

having played pool a LOT in the early 80s I am pretty sure I have seen one of those cues during that time. looks like it needs a good chalking up though :D

Yup! id say the same! When I was a teen mom and dad threatened to sell our table so we could put beds in our bedroom where i lived with two other brothers. All three of us said no freekin way! We settled by building these home made fold up beds that my other two brothers had to pull up to the wall and latch them up with a gate latch. I just slept under the table. We werent giving up our pool table period. Wasnt perfect but it worked. We had a sissy stick for when the closet got in the way. We had an antique regulation size Brunswick with three piece inch and half slate, leather drop pockets, and rosewood rails with pearl insets. We were kinda fond of this table. It had 14" mahogany legs, and took like four people to set the thing up. Each piece of slate took a few big men to move and install. I slept under it from 1971 to about well....prolly 1980 something. Wish I had that table now. It was a custom table made by Brunswick and prolly worth at least 20K now. Sure miss it! I still love to play!

Fair disclosure: The pool cue pictures that I posted are from the internet, but they are identical to mine, which is hiding somewhere in my basement.

It was never very good as a full-length pool cue, but I mostly kept the short front half screwed into the globular brass buttcap and used it as a sissy stick, as Ndog so eloquently puts it. My pool table was in the garage and a full-sized cue tended to bang up against the walls on the backstroke.

I got rid of the pool table after a couple of years. It was full-sized, but not the best quality, and it was frustrating when a perfectly good shot would take a bad bounce off the rails.

:) i once was an asst. engr. officer on the USCGC 'Burton Isand' WAGB 283, a wind class icebreaker that had a retrofitted helicopopter 'garage' (aka 'hanger') with a pool table in it. :)

i was unlucky enough to have been saddled with being the 'morale officer' as a collateral duty, one job was to oversee the spending of the morale fund, overseen by the captain. we somehow got saddled with a somewhat nutty CO who essentially order me, above my objections and those of the other officers, to buy and install the table. it would of course be dismantled and stowed while at sea. the fun bit was reassembling and levelling it when we were in port (sans helo naturally), and it became the joke standing order that the engr. watch would check and re-level the pool table every 4 hrs. left shortly after that to become the engr. officer on a proper medium endurance cutter in kodiak, so i am not sure of the table's ultimate fate. i suspect it 'accidentally' fell overboard at some point.

slightly off the stick topic, this was the same CO that, on a sighting of a rotting dead walrus in the bering sea, had the crew lower the ready boat, and remove the tusks from the oozing slimy outrageously smelly carcass. you can imagine how the crewmen saddled with that job loved him for it. anyway, he had them dried, (and the ship's doc disinfected them) and mounted on a walnut plaque with a brass plate, which was engraved - it was given by him to the governor of alaska when he visited us on our arrival in juneau (no, it wasn't her). he was bucking for admiral & looking for brownie points. luckily he never made it and was retired a few years later. he was not the best CO i ever had. the only smart thing he did was to stay in his stateroom almost all the time, letting the exec. run the ship.

Last edited:
probably, we went near the diomedes. big is russian, little is usa 'out 2 miles apart. in the middle of the bering sea.

went thru a russian fleet on maneuvers too. they were not amused.

captain had a day room/office and his bedroom, and his private bathroom, including a tub (in port use only) shower, and a personal kitchen, and his own steward who cooked and served his meals in his room, he did NOT eat with us in the wardroom. the XO (exec. officer) was president of the mess and the captain only ate with us by invite on special occasions, like the 4th, xmas, etc.

wagb283-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back