• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

"Spear-point/Leg-bone" Primitive Hunter

Here is another period-style collaboration between myself and sheath-maker John Cohea. This one is kinda like taking one of my standard designs back in time. ; ) The period-style collaborations are becoming pretty popular for us, I hope you like them as well.
Thanks again,
J.

spear_point_primitive_bb_leg_bone_2.jpg

This primitive Spear-point knife has a 5 1/2" Damascus blade forged from 52100 ball-bearing steel, done in a canister style, with etched/forge marked flats and a visible hamon line. The fullered oval guard is forged from "wagon wheel" wrought iron. The handle is dyed deer leg bone with a Maple wood spacer, raw hide wrap and antiqued brass studs. The overall length of this knife is 10 7/8" and it comes with a "center stitched" raw-hide period sheath with Horse-hair, trade beads, Stag crown, Rattlesnake skin & vertebra matching studs and trade mark Coyote claw by John Cohea.
Price, with leather sheath: $600.00, plus shipping.

spear_point_primitive_top.jpg

spear_point_primitive_opp.jpg

spear_point_primitive_in_sheath.jpg

spear_point_primitive_guard.jpg

spear_point_primitive_butt.jpg

My standard guarantee for quality and durability, of course, applies for all my knives & blades. Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card & Paypal are all fine (Paypal only for international sales please).

Last edited:
Wow! This piece rises well above the level of a simple tool, or even a collector's item. This is art. A beautiful collaboration.

This Period-Style Collaboration Knife & Sheath Combo Is Beautiful ! Truly a Work of Art, This Is a Masterpiece In Knife Making & Leather Work/Sheath Making Old School Perfection ! Great Job on this one,

Thanks guys. As soon as this one moves I've got an idea for a big period style Bowie with some ancient oak and copper.

The more I look at that the more I like it. It is a FINE knife!:thumbup::thumbup:

DAMN! I was too slow. The web nazis over here cut out all the forums and I had to get an Iraqi ISP.

How about doing a pseudo primitive Damascus Jambiya since I can't buy this one and I'm stuck in the land of the Arabs?

DAMN! I was too slow. The web nazis over here cut out all the forums and I had to get an Iraqi ISP.

How about doing a pseudo primitive Damascus Jambiya since I can't buy this one and I'm stuck in the land of the Arabs?

I could do that. Just drop me a note and we'll work it out. :cool:

Back