Spec-Ops Combat Master Sheath Grommets

Will #8 Chicago screws fit? I want to add a fire steel attachment to the sheath and want to make sure which size screws to get.

Thanks

Measure the hole (inside diameter) on your sheath, and look to see what Chicago screw outside diameter post they offer.

Last edited:
.....Or you could just get a Chicago Screw and try it......novel idea, No?

Paul

Where would I purchase them besides online? I could be wrong but I couldn't find any at HD or Lowes. Well, I could try a #8 screw for sizing purposes, would a #8 chicago screw barrel be the same size as an #8 screw? Bare with me, I'm a noob to chicago screws.

I have a Combat Master sheath, took the cord out of the grommets and tried one of my Tandy Chicago Screws and they are too big to fit through the grommet. I am not sure if there are different barrel sizes in Chicago Screws out there as I have only used Tandy's version.
Best of luck on your search, I'll see what I can find online if any different out there.

Yes, an 8/32 screw would be the same as a USA Chicago Screw size, but Dwayne tried it per the previous post and it didn't work. Every USA Chicago Screw I have ever seen or used is 8/32 thread, however there are some imported conchs and I suppose Chicago Screw knock offs that use metric thread sizes. The screws are NOT interchangeable between the USA made goods and the imports.

I have frequently purchased 8/32 screws from the Hillman display at hardware stores when I need longer (or shorter) screws than came with the Chicago Screw.

Further, I will be glad to send you one or a few Chicago Screws for just the cost of mailing which will be much more than the screws are worth considering a 5X7 padded envelope plus the $3.50 Fist Class postage would come to about $4.

I think your best bet would be to take the sheath in hand and go to the hardware store and try the screws. When you find one the right size and length, then buy it and the matching nut and away to go!

Paul

Last edited:
I have a Combat Master sheath, took the cord out of the grommets and tried one of my Tandy Chicago Screws and they are too big to fit through the grommet. I am not sure if there are different barrel sizes in Chicago Screws out there as I have only used Tandy's version.
Best of luck on your search, I'll see what I can find online if any different out there.

Thanks for checking this out, much appreciated.

Yes, an 8/32 screw would be the same as a USA Chicago Screw size, but Dwayne tried it per the previous post and it didn't work. Every USA Chicago Screw I have ever seen or used is 8/32 thread, however there are some imported conchs and I suppose Chicago Screw knock offs that use metric thread sizes. The screws are NOT interchangeable between the USA made goods and the imports.

I have frequently purchased 8/32 screws from the Hillman display at hardware stores when I need longer (or shorter) screws than came with the Chicago Screw.

Further, I will be glad to send you one or a few Chicago Screws for just the cost of mailing which will be much more than the screws are worth considering a 5X7 padded envelope plus the $3.50 Fist Class postage would come to about $4.

I think your best bet would be to take the sheath in hand and go to the hardware store and try the screws. When you find one the right size and length, then buy it and the matching nut and away to go!

Paul

Thanks for the offer. Yeah, seems like what Im going to have to do, just get a screw that fits and matching nut.

Or I can become real sheath modder and add a couple of larger rivets and be done with it.:cool:

Back