Special editions

Just out of curiosity, does Cold Steel ever do Special Editions or Sprint Runs?

I'm new to Cold Steel, but I really like my new SRK's and SRK C's. I know they are sturdy, but I'd love to see one in a full tang design, with some slab handles on it.

Chris

There are the currently produced Lynn Thompson signature series.

The leatherneck Bowie is essentially the same as the regular version but with a different finish, color, and signature but the Kobun has the same but also a different point and is made from a different steel.

I think there are also special editions of some of the folders.

In the past there was the Intruder Bowie which was a limited edition version of the Trailmaster made for the movie "Flight of the Intruder." IIRC this version had micarta handles and a blued blade.

There were also very expensive versions of the Tanto and Taipan called the Imperial Tanto and Imperial Taipan made from Damascus steel and with Japanese-style wrapped handles.

There have been other knives with very limited production.

Yes, have one of each. Great knives, I really like how they slimmed down the width of the handle on the Spartan. At least I think they did as I don't have a regular Spartan to compare it to. I personally just wish the editions were more limited. 500 or less is where I like it.

The Cold Steel Mayhem in S35VN was limited to 600.
932660.jpg

Cold Steel did offer a number of exclusives for the 4 Max Scout. They offered a limited-edition Recon 1 Canadian edition, IIRC.

Back