Special Knife available!!!

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
The Zivug.
Ok. So here's the backstory.

Everyone who knows of my company knows that I'm always on a path to improve ergonomics and make the best knives you could ever buy that will fit you and function better than anything else you could possibly purchase. In 2011, I started working on the mid-size knife that would be "The perfect" ergonomically correct knife. There have been several prototypes of various handle shapes, combined with various tang styles, thicknesses, lengths, palm swells, yada yada, all in an effort to come up with the one that feels like it was made specifically for YOUR hand. The trick is that everyone's hand is different. So, it has to be something that actually adapts to every hand without changing shape like the spaceship from Flight of the Navigator. I've gotten close several times, but never quite hit the nail on the head. The journey will likely continue forever. However, this prototype marks the closest I've ever been able to get.

It's so incredible that you really can't possibly imagine how close to perfect it is until you hold it. Every time I hand it to a connoisseur, I see the same facial expressions. First, it starts off with the usual low, slightly scrunched eyebrows of skepticism. Then, I hand them the knife. The first thing they notice is how light it is. Then, they wrap their hand around it, and the eyebrows go up. Next comes the disbelief, combined with the exclamation, "WOW". Yep... I knew you thought I was blowing smoke, but now you understand. The amount of time and tweaking that went into this design is way too much, but once you hold it, you appreciate the effort. The idea was never to make a knife more comfortable than all the others. It has been to make a knife so comfortable that it sets the high water mark so high that you have to compare every knife you ever hold again to this one. The name of this knife might seem kind of different, but the meaning of the word fits it perfectly. This design is called the Zivug. Our Jewish friends will know what that means instantly, but for the rest of us, The word "zivug" is a Hebrew word meaning "soulmate". It's part of a belief that before you are born, you have a Beshert (a destined match for marriage) in the form of a zivug (a soulmate created to perfectly match you). So, that's why I named this knife the Zivug. When you hold it, it will feel like the knife your hand has been destined to hold your entire life and will become a part of you.

I completed this prototype a couple of weeks ago and have been carrying it everywhere since. Now, I'm ready to release it into the world. It has light surface scratches from the sheath (which damn near every knife comes with from FK), but is still in unused condition. I did use it for testing, but then reground and polished it back up to new condition. It carried the same warranty as any other Fletcher Knife. First "I'll take it!" gets it. We accept Paypal and all major credit cards. Just let me know how you'd prefer to pay. This one is ready to ship right now.

Specs:
I'll have to add the exact length dimensions when I get to the show, but the pictures show a lot.
Blade steel: 1/8" thick CPM154CM at 61rc
Handle: Forest green (teal) G10 over white G10 and natural canvas micarta liners with a thin black liner against the tang
Grind: Flat sabre grind with tapered tang and swedge
Pins: white high strength phenolic and a 1/4" stainless steel lanyard tube
Sheath: Kydex with eyelets spaced for every attachment type.
Price: $351 shipped anywhere in the CONUS (if you live outside the CONUS, let me know and I can calculate your shipping) SOLD!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
That's a sexy looking soulmate Dylan. I consider the Esteban II you made for me last year an ergonomically perfect knife. If the Zivug is even better as you say, that will be something to behold. I hope you have one available at the Blade Show to check out. I really like the handle stack-up you chose for this one. Beautiful blade! :thumbup:

Congratulations Gus on scoring the first one.

Phil

Sweet knife and really sweet handle. Having handled several of your knives I can almost imagine what it feels like. I love those contours!

Back