Sprint Run ???

Im in need of a new EDC folder and I believe that the Para 3 fits my criteria nicely. Here is my main question; Is it a sin to EDC a spyderco sprint run?
Reason I'm asking is that I have my eyes on the Para 3 in cruwear.

Also, does anyone have experience sharpening cruwear using a worksharp?

Yup, Danke is spot on. The sprint runs are usually the best working knives. They offer an extra advantage to the user(steel!).

No experience with the Worksharp, but CruWear is a great steel to sharpen freehand. It holds a very acute edge. I love it. I'm pleasantly surprised with how good the wear resistance is as well.

Thanks guys. I realize it was a bit of a noob question, but I'd hate to take a "collector" and beat the hell out of it bc I didn't know any better. Para 3 in cruwear it is. Hopefully it holds up better than my benchmade mini-barrage in 154cm

Thanks guys. I realize it was a bit of a noob question, but I'd hate to take a "collector" and beat the hell out of it bc I didn't know any better. Para 3 in cruwear it is. Hopefully it holds up better than my benchmade mini-barrage in 154cm
As a collector I love those who buy Sprints to use. I figure the more people beat the hell out their "Sprint X", the rarer my pristine one becomes. ;) Seriously, it's a knife, it was built to be used.

I use all of my Sprints. They are usually my favorite ones to carry every day, and defintly not afraid to get them dirty and scratched.

Im in need of a new EDC folder and I believe that the Para 3 fits my criteria nicely. Here is my main question; Is it a sin to EDC a spyderco sprint run?
Reason I'm asking is that I have my eyes on the Para 3 in cruwear.

Also, does anyone have experience sharpening cruwear using a worksharp?

I was afraid to carry my first Sprint (a Black Perrin) but now most of my Spydercos are sprints or dealer exclusives. I would much rather use and enjoy my blades :D

My first nice sharpener was a Work sharp, I rarely use it now and more often than not I use my Spyderco Sharpmaker. I would recommend the Ken Onion version with adjustable speed but would definitely recommend the sharp maker. When sharpening a nice blade I prefer to go slow and it’s easy to make a big mistake with a belt sharpener.

If I were to recommend a sharpener it would be a Sharpmaker first > Jig like Edge Pro > Stone (a good skill to have) > Belt Grinder

Go ahead and use it. Like others have mentioned, in most cases the sprints are better to carry. If you're really concerned about the "collectability", look for a user and and safe queen. Cru-wear is a really great EDC steel. It's fairly easy to put a great edge on it and has good toughness.

It's a sin NOT to edc a good sprint steel. My hap40 dragonfly is a favorite and my current edc is a sprint blue g10 dodo.

When a sprint has exactly what you are looking for, it would be a *sin* NOT to!

Just about all my EDC Spyderco's are sprints. You get a time proven design in a better steel.

How can anyone not like that?

I couldn't have said it any better>> I too have two Sprint Runs that I rotate for EDC carry. My current main EDC is my C-36 Military with M390 blade steel. It's truly been a dream knife for me and it's going to take a really super blade steel and a really super design to unseat it

However I do have one that I rotate that is also a Sprint Run. I have a C-60 Ayoob model Sprint Run with a G-10 handle which has been perfect for my uses and it's a really genius blade design and I do hope at some point Massad Ayoob and Spyderco get together for another brilliant design.

I would love to see another Sprint Run of the C-60 with one of the new Japanese supersteels>> I also want to see the return of the C-36 Military model and C-60 Ayoob models both return in full Spyderedge>> those two models were super in Spyderedge as well as being two of the very best plain edged knives I've ever owned.

Great thread and some really nice suggestions so far for upcoming Sprint Runs. I do hope that the Great Spyder Factory is reading this thread for sure.

Back