Sprint runs of the Drop Bear in carbon steels!

LimpCroissant

Platinum Member
A thought just came to me that I have a feeling that sprint runs and different steel versions of the Drop Bear are probably coming soon. I hope so and just wanted to throw out the idea. I hope to see the Drop Bear become a super popular model for you that you do in all sorts of different materials and finishes similar to the Sheepdog. Something that I'd love to see is a Drop Bear in a straight up old school carbon steel. Something like 5160, 52100, 80CRV2,8670, or 1095. I think that's a section of the market that really isn't being fulfilled. I know many people like the idea of having a modern knife with modern things like your new lock and thumbstuds, but with an old school carbon steel like what was used on slipjoints from previous generations. Just and idea that I wanted to propose to you.

You guys are making great knives though, keep up the good work! 🤙

Man I wish! I've been hoping they would do a carbon steel Begleiter or one of the new liner lock T1's. Both of those are great candidates as they have good cutting profiles and classic designs. I always mention it on their Instagram posts hoping that they do one.

Both of those sound really awesome too! I regularly carry my Begleiter in N690 about once a week. I love how that thing sharpens. I think the best edge I've produced so far on a modern one handed knife has been on my Begleiter.

That'd be sweet! I wasn't actually aware of the Mistral. That one they made with the g10 overlays and heat anodized Ti framelock was awesome!

I love that Kizer is sort of like a Chinese Spyderco at this point. I think they will keep doing more and more. They release so many knives though that I don't think they can support them all.

I love that Kizer is sort of like a Chinese Spyderco at this point. I think they will keep doing more and more. They release so many knives though that I don't think they can support them all.
happily the firmware on all of mine is still running perfectly

So I ordered one of the Green Micarta T1's and they sent me this by accident.

20220929_092752.jpg

Not upset since I got to keep the knife and I spent a while lot less then the cost and got a 25% discount on my next purchase. I had no intention of buying this knife but it's pretty awesome so far. Around .015 behind the edge too!

So I ordered one of the Green Micarta T1's and they sent me this by accident.

View attachment 1944610

Not upset since I got to keep the knife and I spent a while lot less then the cost and got a 25% discount on my next purchase. I had no intention of buying this knife but it's pretty awesome so far. Around .015 behind the edge too!

I love that they've been paying so much attention to their grinds, the Assassin and Kobold among others have had excellent skinny lil angles to them

I love that they've been paying so much attention to their grinds, the Assassin and Kobold among others have had excellent skinny lil angles to them
Kizer just pays attention to everything. The do things people want and continue to innovate.

Back