Spyderco 2016 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

picked up a new PPT i found,its the older discontinued version! but way over paid (not good):barf:

I also handled the Tac 1s at the Oregon show. It's an amazing flipper! Its one of those knives where the pics simply don't do it justice. Can't wait!
Did it have a steel lock bar insert? I could not tell if did or did not from the production sample images

Did it have a steel lock bar insert? I could not tell if did or did not from the production sample images

No.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2016_productionsample_tac1s_clipside.jpg

What about the interior of the lock bar? Was hoping it'd have an inconspicuous insert like the Mantra

I haven't heard that it does. It would be nice if it did have a stainless steel lock bar insert.

[video=youtube;Z54ULz5iS3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z54ULz5iS3Q[/video]

What about the interior of the lock bar? Was hoping it'd have an inconspicuous insert like the Mantra

I haven't heard that it does. It would be nice if it did have a stainless steel lock bar insert.

If it's anything like GB's original customs, it won't have an insert. The customs are carburized, however, to harden the Ti lockface. That hardening, in my experience, creates a super solid lockup without any sticking. I've not experienced any galling (yet) on the Tac 1 or the smaller Flipper.

Thanks for the heads up on the cooks knife. I've been anxious about that one since I first saw it. Just put an order in and stoked!

The GBP/USD conversion rate is keeping me away from that one. But man, it looks nice.

WolfSpyder is about $182 shipped to a U.S. address and steep compared to ParaMilitary2 for about $120! Both are made in the U.S. with S30V, G-10 and Compression Lock.

WolfSpyder seems comparable in size to the upcoming mini ParaMilitary with a 3" blade.

Military CTS-204P Green G-10 KnifeWorks exclusive (USA) is shipping.

C36GGRP.2.jpg

C36GGRP.1.jpg

c36GGRP2.jpg

Spyderco ManBug Lightweight HAP40/SUS 410 Burnt Orange FRN Sprint is available now at some dealers.

MBORE_L.jpg

Native5 CPM-S110V Dark Blue G-10 is shipping next week.

C41GPDBL5.png

Last edited:
Back