Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Sharps thx for the heads up I went there two hours after your post, it was still there, decided I didn’t want to get into that pickle. Gone now tho.

Reactions: AF
I was successful in ordering the REC Para 2, but then got this letter below.... real bummer. They refunded my money the next day, so no hard feelings there, but we all know how stressful these exclusives are. They suck. When you are finally successful in getting an order submitted and receive a confirmation email, you experience a sense of victory. I've missed out on so many, including the REC Para 3, and to have this one cancelled a day later was a let down. In the grand scheme of things, though, especially in 2020, this isn't that big of a deal. Nobody really needs a Para 2 in a fancy configuration like this.

It looks like more will be released. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

"Hello, Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, We have some difficult news to deliver toyou. While fulfilling orders, we found that our inventory system, which is supposed to communicate with our website could not keep up with the hundreds of orders happening all at once. It essentially acted as a funnel, and it allowed the website to oversell by quite a few units. The reason I am emailing you, is because unfortunately, your order did not make the cut.

No excuses, we are extremely sorry this happened.

• We have fulfilled the orders we could chronologically. (first come, first served)
  • Duplicate orders were canceled.
  • All canceled orders will be refunded to the original form of payment by end of the day 8/20
We are going to put you at the front of the line for the next available knife. You will have a GUARANTEED RESERVATION when they drop again, so you wont have to worry about anything. We will do everything we can to partner with Spyderco to receive these knives as fast as possible and we will keep everyone updated. Please remember, this is an ongoing exclusive, so more WILL be made.

Again we are extremely sorry for any letdown from this drop. We are devastated about it. What we thought was our smoothest drop yet has been derailed by our inventory system. We have corrected the issue with the system and it should NOT be an issue in the future.

**If you ordered any other items to ship along with the exclusive, please let us know asap if you still want the other items to be shipped. Otherwise, you can always reorder those items if the order is already canceled.

For years we have done our best to do the right thing in the knife community. We respect our customers and you have always come first. We are a team, and a family of knife lovers, just like you. We hope to continue to earn your trust and business in the future. Thank you for all you have done to support us.

If you have any questions or concerns please email us at info@riversedgecutlery.com.

Thank you and stay safe!"

Native5 CPM-4V Black DLC Blade Red G-10 C41GPRD4VBK5 St. Nick's Knives (USA) will be on Sale on Friday, August 28, 2020 at 2:00pm Central Time.

slideshow_1.jpg

While I was lucky to get one with checkout being easy, I think the "Phantom" drop was intended to ease stress on their server and help keep the flippers at bay. Sometimes the best intentions cause more problems, Such is life! Rivers Edge Reaction to the oversold problem is first class IMO. Bravo !

Manix Rex 45 lightweight sprints dropping and selling out at various sites.

edit: in stock currently from spyderco directly

Last edited:
Showing up at some dealers:

• Manix2 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRCP C101PBORE2 Sprint Run (USA)
  • Delica4 Lightweight K390 Blue FRN C11FPK390 (Japan)

Spyderco-Manix-2-Lightweight-Ball-Bearing-Lock-Orange-Satin-BHQ-106181-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Manix-2-Lightweight-Ball-Bearing-Lock-Orange-Satin-BHQ-106181-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Manix-2-Lightweight-Ball-Bearing-Lock-Orange-Satin-BHQ-106181-jr-side-large.jpg

Spyderco-Delica-4-Knife-Flat-Ground-Blue-FRN-Satin-C11FPK390-BHQ-112405-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Delica-4-Knife-Flat-Ground-Blue-FRN-Satin-C11FPK390-BHQ-112405-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Delica-4-Knife-Flat-Ground-Blue-FRN-Satin-C11FPK390-BHQ-112405-jr-side-large.jpg

Showing up at some dealers:

• Manix2 Lightweight CPM-REX45 Burnt Orange FRCP C101PBORE2 Sprint Run (USA)
  • Delica4 Lightweight K390 Blue FRN C11FPK390 (Japan)

Spyderco-Manix-2-Lightweight-Ball-Bearing-Lock-Orange-Satin-BHQ-106181-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Manix-2-Lightweight-Ball-Bearing-Lock-Orange-Satin-BHQ-106181-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Manix-2-Lightweight-Ball-Bearing-Lock-Orange-Satin-BHQ-106181-jr-side-large.jpg

Spyderco-Delica-4-Knife-Flat-Ground-Blue-FRN-Satin-C11FPK390-BHQ-112405-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Delica-4-Knife-Flat-Ground-Blue-FRN-Satin-C11FPK390-BHQ-112405-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Delica-4-Knife-Flat-Ground-Blue-FRN-Satin-C11FPK390-BHQ-112405-jr-side-large.jpg
Yea lol last time i pre order from blade hq...still waiting for delica

Thanks Sal!

I’m kinda already in love with my V-toku 2 and old serrated G2 Delicas and am looking forward to the K390 Endela!

Gotta love Spyderco!

That K390 looks a lot lighter blue than the navy hue that was shown originally. Original representation:

FELoHi2.jpg

Last edited:
My first Delica. Absolutely love it! Other photos for reference.....

Attachments

• 20200826_150009-2268x3024.jpg
    20200826_150009-2268x3024.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200826_150102-2268x3024.jpg
    20200826_150102-2268x3024.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 20
That K390 looks a lot lighter blue than the navy hue that was shown originally. Original representation:

That's true! The actual ones (see below) are much lighter shade of blue.

To me it looks more a matter of lighting. Although I could be completely incorrect! When looking at the images C CuriousTraveler just posted up, the two images posted look quite a bit different based on the light.

Back